Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Skyrocket WIP

Default Re: Skyrocket WIP

Love the finish of the engines. So real, 'alive.'

Very nice work Gray and thank you for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Larry, I don't do the cloud work on TG since it's a mix of vector and digital painting. I try to just show vectors for any WIP.
    More work done on the engine cowlings using linear fills and transparencies, also added a tail wheel. Next will come more detailing on the fuselage. I also enlarged the drawing slightly.

I understand that Gray but I still find it fascinating and sometimes I wish I could peek over your shoulder and see exactly how you do those.

Thanks all for leaving a comment.
    Larry, I'll see if I can come up with a way of showing at least the vector part.

I love Wings3D. I wish I had more time to play with it. It's so good. I miss Nendo...I bought it back in the day, but have since lost my copy of it and it's no longer available. Wings is a good replacement, but Nendo seemed very tight and concise comparatively. I'm not a 3D guy by any means, but the Nendo/Wings approach is so intuitive..it's like sculpting...sorry to get off on tangent, but I find it amazing that you use such tools to bring your final image to life. It's very inspiring.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Yes, Wings3D seems like a good little program. It's ideal for what I need, and that's about as far as my ability with 3D goes, hseiken.

Years ago I learned to use a program called Anim8or. I still have it tucked away and it still works even in windows 10 you can download the program here http://www.anim8or.com/download/index.html
    also there are a couple of PDF files on the program which you could check out. In my opinion it is not very intuitive or at least wasn't and may or may not be as good as wings or blender but it is more or less full featured. I at least learned to use it and drew a black widow spider with it and could have animated it however I didn't. I have not used it in a very long time, I am just giving you this information in case anyone ix interested in checking it out. If I can find that drawing I will post it. I remember being elated when I managed to get the red hour glass on it's whatever it''s called. Ok I found it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider 1.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	126069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider wire.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	126070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider3.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	126071Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spider40001.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	126072
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Larry, I'll check that out.

I had noticed the hour glass is hard to see but it wasn't when I did it years ago.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.