Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
The time has come for Xara to hire a visionary designer/developer who will design the next generation of Xara from the ground up.

You can only go so far adding a new feature here and a patch there and then expect people to support a costly subscription service. Not when there are low cost options that have done exactly what I am suggesting.
I would love them to keep the interface as is and simply make it multiplatform and utilize the GPU for even more groundbreaking possibilites. I still think Xara, even with it's limitations, is by far the most intuitive interface of any vector software I've used (and I've used A FRIGGIN LOT and all but xara seemed to be designed by engineers and programmers rather than artists....so if they can manage to keep it easy to use and the menus to a minimum, I'll be happy. One thing I think would be neat and something I thought it did at one point was when making an object 3d...being able to flatten/render it out via 2D shapes, including the bevels. I think this would make things a WHOLE lot more customizable and usable...imagine taking a circle, using the 3D tool to turn it into a cylinder then 'rendering to 2D' and it automatically generates the circles and shapes with proper gradients that you can then further edit like a normal drawing. I think this would be very very useful.