Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default From the ground up.

The time has come for Xara to hire a visionary designer/developer who will design the next generation of Xara from the ground up.

You can only go so far adding a new feature here and a patch there and then expect people to support a costly subscription service. Not when there are low cost options that have done exactly what I am suggesting.
    IP

Default Re: From the ground up.

+1
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not when there are low cost options that have done exactly what I am suggesting.
    perhaps then, it is too late...

for whatever reason, xara never seemed to have the marketing success of [for example] serif - witness xara's tie in with corel and then magix and the issues thereby created...

we are talking here of the desktop [well I am] and I shall not be holding my breath; you only have to look at the 'vain-glorious' promises of regular updates when the update service launched and then look at what has actually been delivered...

maybe they will do better with the cloud....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Super beginnings CorelXARA - SUPER fast program, many options and small installation size. Now it's an annoying gobble who just wants to take money and give nothing for them. Almost none updates, annoying notification of the need for UPDATE, notification that subscription has expired, etc. These alerts are not normally disabled - which is embarrassing from the manufacturer.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The time has come for Xara to hire a visionary designer/developer who will design the next generation of Xara from the ground up.

You can only go so far adding a new feature here and a patch there and then expect people to support a costly subscription service. Not when there are low cost options that have done exactly what I am suggesting.
    But that's what they did, a whole bunch of them, and they're developing the next generation, Xara Cloud, as we speak. That's why the desktop apps don't get the L&A we all believe they need and deserve.
    IP

indeed

so the desktop flounders in the mire of magix hard sell and the promised updates are not resourced unless you love being tied to the OCC
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

This is one of those threads in which I would like to participate, but doing so would likely result in my banishment...
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

I am not trying to start a flamefest here. I just wanted to point out that a fresh approach is needed.
    IP

yes Gary, but as Boy said, that is what Xara are doing but in a different way

there is currently no margin for them in trying to become another adobe substitute on the desktop as far as I can see, and i beleive that, when they now update the desktop, it is with an eye to integration with the cloud down the line
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    This is one of those threads in which I would like to participate, but doing so would likely result in my banishment...
    Xara care deeply about the desktop program... I know because I got told off in no uncertain terms when I dared to opine otherwise; I have of course, learn't the error of my ways

ban'd ... ? but you love 'em Bob
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP