Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buttons

Default buttons

when I view my site in a browser some of the buttons ive got show a blue background that moves over to the left its like 2 separate layers,

Default Re: buttons

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Are you using the most recent version of Web Designer? This was a problem but I think it has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by daidot View Post
    when I view my site in a browser some of the buttons ive got show a blue background that moves over to the left its like 2 separate layers,
    daidot, at some point, you modified the button width and/or position on only the MouseOff or MouseOver layer.
    It is usually very difficult to recover from this so it will be better if you rebuild the affected buttons from scratch.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - There was also a problem with a setting in Web Properties > Image > Separate Images for Group Members that was causing shifting and blue images on mouse over. This is why I asked for the version number.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - There was also a problem with a setting in Web Properties > Image > Separate Images for Group Members that was causing shifting and blue images on mouse over. This is why I asked for the version number.
    Gary, thanks, I remember the problem but not the blue imaging.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

im using version 15 no updates available

Quote Originally Posted by daidot View Post
    im using version 15 no updates available
    Sadly, I think I win.

Acorn

daidot - Can you upload a page from your site? Right click on a page where this problem is occurring and select Copy Page.

Create a new site and right click on the page and select Paste > Paste Page.

Save the file and then upload here.

Also, in the Page and Layer Gallery, click the triangle to show the Layers. Then click the S icon next to the layer to isolate just that layer. Do you see the blue box of whatever it is you are seeing? And is the button in the right position or has it shifted. Do this for both the MouseOff and MouseOver layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isolate layer.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	126007  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    daidot - Can you upload a page from your site?
    To remove confusion, Gary is asking for a design page copy (.WEB / .XAR) and not the published site itself.

Acorn

I took advise from here and deleted all my buttons and made a nav bar instead but guess what when I look at my site though a web browser the buttons are still showing