Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Delay on start up. Adding colors to the document

Using Designer Pro X 16.3

Is anybody else having to wait a lifetime for Designer to open because of Adding Colors to the Document?

This happens even if my only open page in blank.

This was a problem many years ago and now it is back.

The good news is I can get a cup of coffee and come back and it is almost done.

Default Re: Delay on start up. Adding colors to the document

The last update affects my P&GD as well. For me the wait is roughly an extra 10-15 seconds. It's still annoying.

Gary, rasied this https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...?82684-Timings, four weeks ago.

Rob-Xar is aware and there has been a lot of testing in Discord.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think that Magix punish us for not using the latest versions of their s/w. My XDP16 opens in 12 seconds but XDP12 takes about 30 sec's on the same PC. My AudioStudio 12 takes ages (I haven't timed it) and so does Photostory Deluxe 19. Magix take the act of opening old versions as permission to present me with an ad for the latest upgrade in each case. If it is these ads causing the mega-delays I wish that they would take the hint and honour the fact that I have ticked "do not show this again" in each instance and forever bugger the online ads off. I am quite aware of whatever offers they may email me about and I DO upgrade when the time and/or price is right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Using Designer Pro X 16.3

Is anybody else having to wait a lifetime for Designer to open because of Adding Colors to the Document?

This happens even if my only open page in blank.

This was a problem many years ago and now it is back.

The good news is I can get a cup of coffee and come back and it is almost done.
    I was just too lazy to post this problem because as much as I use and love Xara I'm never surprised when I get a.... surprise... But yes Gary, been living with it for quite a while now... and usually wait between 30 & 45 seconds.

and also... whenever I activate 'text', I have to wait about 10 seconds.

Cliff

Yes Gary, I'm now getting this irritating wait whilst Adding Colours loads. It's an issue I've had in the past & has recently resurfaced. I'm also experiencing long (20 sec) delays on opening a simple .xar file (which opens within a second if I drag the xar file to the title bar.)

Along with trying to open the Utilities / Options window taking a 15 second delay are all part of long ongoing problems with my Xara software. Long outstanding issues that most loyal Xara users have experienced over the years and highlighted & complained about without resolution ....
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host