Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Any compelling reason to keep renewing Pro X annual licence??

Nice to see you back Cursor.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I too question the value of paying 100€ for an update when a full version is not that much more. It has me a little confused. Xara, please don't insult my intelligence by throwing in "free" software add-ons for which I have no desire for.

I am no longer using Xara to make a living but I enjoy volunteering myself skills to help when I can.

I am all for paying an update fee. Given the modest improvements being made year to year and the fact that I am now semi-retired, I think an update fee in the vicinity of 50 € is adequate.

I am not expert with the program but I've used it for enough years that I am very comfortable with it. I would be happy to update the software but not for any prince. Sorry.

Phillip
    --
    Phillip

A sorry state of affairs. I am reminded of this...

Yes, as through this world I've wandered
    I've seen lots of funny men;
    Some will rob you with a six-gun,
    And some with a fountain pen.

Woody Guthrie;
    from ¨Pretty Boy Floyd¨
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofman View Post
    I would be happy to update the software but not for any prince. Sorry. Phillip
    I believe with Xara's past connections with Corel, you might get Prince Harry thrown in for free.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat