Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default apple-touch-icon for Website

Apple allow a .png to be used as an icon when saving a website link to the desktop. It has to be called "apple-touch-icon". Is there any way to set this up? Ideally it would be like the favicon configuration.

Default Re: apple-touch-icon for Website

Too early in the day to process this, but if you want to use something as a favicon, select the object, click the yellow name tag icon at the top of the screen, and name the object or group of objects favicon.

Info Re: apple-touch-icon for Website

Create a PNG image 57 px square.
    Assign it with a Name of filename="ati".

In Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (head), input and save the following:
    Code:
    <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="index_hrl_files/ati.png"/>
    Acorn

P.S. Morning, Gary.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Still not awake yet. What is an Apple Touch icon?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Still not awake yet. What is an Apple Touch icon?
    Gary,
    an Apple touch icon is basically a favicon for Apple mobile devices, and, if set, is displayed when a user saves a web page to their home screen.
    - http://blog.karlribas.com/2012/05/ho...-for-your.html.

Being Apple, it then gets complicated; https://webhint.io/docs/user-guide/h...e-touch-icons/.

Every good site should seemingly have one.
    Discuss.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sheesh, it is now 11:30AM, I have been for my 3 mile walk, had two cups of coffee, AND I STILL DON'T GET IT.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Sheesh, it is now 11:30AM, I have been for my 3 mile walk, had two cups of coffee, AND I STILL DON'T GET IT.
    Consider your iPad. All the apps have an icon, clicking an icon launches the app.

Now instead of opening up the browser to visit a website, you can visit the site and get Safari to install an icon on your device, so the next time you want to go to that website you just click the icon and the website is launched - no need to start the browser first.

Thanks Paul. That does make sense.