Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Set XDP 16.3 to not present a blurry interface on a display 2560x1440 scaled 125%?

Hi,

I’d appreciate your help.

Since I started using XDP 16.3 in a Monitor Dell 27" U2719D (2560x1440 scaled 125%), its interface and canvas content became considerably blurry. If I open Photoshop or Snagit under the same system, their interfaces and canvas content are presented sharp and crisp.

I already tried - without success - to tweak in Windows 10 these two settings (screenshot below), through all possible combinations between them:
    1) In General “Display Settings>Advanced Scaling Settings”, set "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry."
    2) For applications individually, set “Properties > Compatibility(tab) > Change High DPI settings> High DPI scaling override>System (Enhanced)"

Does anyone know how to set XDP 16.3 to be presented sharp and crisp on the screen (2560x1440 scaled 125%)?

Ps.: I did find a workaround to have XDP sharp and crisp, which was by creating a custom display scaling setting of 120%.
    However, it came with a price: Many of my apps presented well on the screen under the 125% scaling aren't that good anymore.
    And even with XDP, UI's buttons and input fields aren't presented in good size; data inside input boxes is shrunk, difficult to see fully.
    So I'm trying to make XDP work under the default 125% Windows display scaling, which works properly for most of my apps, but not XDP yet.

Thank you!
    Carlos
    --------------------------------
    SYSTEM INFO
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Notebook Dell XPS 9570
    Core i7-8750H
    Memory 16GB DDR4
    Graphics Intel UHD 630 + NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB
    Monitor Dell 27" U2719D (2560x1440 scaled 120%)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JilaoND.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	125904

Default Re: Set XDP 16.3 to not present a blurry interface on a display 2560x1440 scaled 125%

EDIT - you have answered the question of default as 125% for your monitor... missed that first read, sorry

the first question is what scaling does windows recommend for your monitor at 2560 x 1440 which is it's default resolution - for my ASUS monitor also default 2560 x 1440 it recommends 100% and the xara interface is ok, but blurry at 125%

the xara UI is not as good at 2K and 4K as some more modern UI's - there are threads about this going back a few years - I would stick with what windows recommends, but if that is not possible, or you need to be at another scaling for another reason, there may not be a lot that can be done beyond wht you have tried already

it's possible ver 16 has improved over version 15 which is what i have, but if it has xara have made no mention of it that I recall
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Set XDP 16.3 to not present a blurry interface on a display 2560x1440 scaled 125%

I have little problem with 2560 x 1440 at 100%.
    Sometimes I remember I have a utility:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/downloads/zoomit, which has a LIve Zoom function.

Acorn

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for your feedback @handrawn and @acorn.
    If I set the default 2560 x 1440 to the recommend 100%, the UIs elements of any app become so small that my eyes can't visualize them efficiently.
    I do need to upscale resolution and was trying to do that considering the next upper default Windows scaling setting which is 125%.
    I'm sad that XDP isn't able to deliver adequated sized UI even for the default Windows scaling of 125%.
    Reporting further tests I performed with other apps than Photoshop and Snagit, I can confirm Gimp and Inkscape are also sharp and crisp at 125% default scaling.

So I'm facing the trade-off between (a) having XDP UI and canvas content blurry at 125% default scaling and (b) having its buttons and input boxes not fitting the UI properly at 120% custom scaling, but at least providing sharp and crisp UI and canvas content.
    I'm going to stick with (b), which is going to mess with some of my other apps UI too. This is for the sake I'm still enjoying XDP, and tolerating its shortcomings for now.

=> If this thread is of other users interest, I would ask someone to scale it to "Dear Xara" for reinforcing the problem being faced by designers that tends to use high DPI screen more and more, and XDP that can't handle this reality so far.

Best,
    Carlos

I guess if you go with the setting that is best for your xara you can try the windows settings that did not work with xara with the other apps ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    => If this thread is of other users interest, I would ask someone to scale it to "Dear Xara" for reinforcing the problem being faced by designers that tends to use high DPI screen more and more, and XDP that can't handle this reality so far.
    Carlos, it has been asked for ad nauseam with vague indifference back from Xara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat