Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding search bar & member log in buttons

Just got the Xara Web Design Premium (DVD) what I would like to know is; how do you add a search box and a member sign in for the website or is this not possible as the manual doesn't really help.

Many thanks in advance

Default Re: Adding search bar & member log in buttons

Quote Originally Posted by matlee View Post
    Just got the Xara Web Design Premium (DVD) what I would like to know is; how do you add a search box and a member sign in for the website or is this not possible as the manual doesn't really help.
    Many thanks in advance
    matlee, welcome to TalkGraphics.

This is a quick guide to XWDP. It creates static sites. These are pure HTML and do not use server-side code for anything.

A search mechanism can be created using a third party: look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...803#post599803.
    Membership management needs a complete service using PHP and MySql, which is usually outside the comfort zone of most. All can be embedded into a Xara site. XT-CMS would do this, but it costs: https://www.xt-cms.com/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Adding search bar & member log in buttons

Okay thank-you Acorn, haven't got a clue what you are talking about as the code is in another language to me. As for loading it to XWDP wouldn't know where to start I will try and work it out. Once again thank-you