Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Text inside groups with stick to top

Wow, thanks, Egg!

I’ve always made buttons as you show, with the three mouseoff and two mouseover elements independent of each other (not even softgrouped). In the current iteration of our site, I opted to use the navbar option (still using the method you show for other buttons), simply because I couldn’t get dropdown menus to work using additional layers to highlight the button when the mouse passes over and making the whole thing sticky. I think your method opens up a new avenue for exploring that possibility while allowing export as independent elements without blurring. Much appreciated!

Thanks as well to Acorn.
    I look forward to looking into all of this information.

Info Re: Text inside groups with stick to top

This one has no fudges, just CSS and stick at Top: CSS3 - Vertical Dropdown Menu II.xar.
    The gain too is it has sub menus.
    The downside is the menu has to be coded within HTML <UL> tags.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

I'm learning something new every day.

I was just looking over your file, CSS3-Sticky Buttons.xar. A couple of weeks ago, I was trying and trying to figure out a way to create an html class within the software, and I could never come up with a solution. Now I read your description that this can be accomplished by naming the element htmlclass="class-name" and entering in some CSS. Mindblowing. It would be great if Xara would provide us with a list of such tricks that allow us to manipulate things (particularly CSS styling) that aren't possible by just using the program.

Thanks for the lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    I read your description that this can be accomplished by naming the element htmlclass="class-name" and entering in some CSS. Mindblowing.
    I agree. I raised an ask on Xara about adding classes and it appeared very quickly after that (to great effect). I have always wondered it if was always there awaiting discovery or if it was genuinely incorporated as a new feature. Of these hidden gems, it would be nice to have them explained somewhere and sometime.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

Today I had a breakthrough, and I want to express my appreciation as it is thanks to you.

Several weeks ago, in the thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-future/page15, I first saw mention of inserting CSS into a Xara file.

I wanted to create shadowing, based on Material Design specifications, where elements have as many as three different shadows to produce a super-realistic effect. Using WDP, only one shadow may be applied to an element. I spent quite a bit of time and effort trying to figure out a way, but still had not found it.

Fast-forward to today, when I read your post above and looked at your file. This gave me the answer.

As I’m quite pleased, I’ll attach some screenshots.

Thanks again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_design_shadows.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	125889 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadowing_result.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	125888

P.S. Sorry. I should have mentioned that the significance of this is that everything is done through html and css. There are no graphics downloaded. So it is very efficient for bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Acorn,
    Today I had a breakthrough, and I want to express my appreciation as it is thanks to you.
    Several weeks ago, in the thread https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-future/page15, I first saw mention of inserting CSS into a Xara file.
    I wanted to create shadowing, based on Material Design specifications, where elements have as many as three different shadows to produce a super-realistic effect. Using WDP, only one shadow may be applied to an element. I spent quite a bit of time and effort trying to figure out a way, but still had not found it.
    Fast-forward to today, when I read your post above and looked at your file. This gave me the answer.
    As I’m quite pleased, I’ll attach some screenshots.
    Thanks again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_design_shadows.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	125889 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadowing_result.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	125888

P.S. Sorry. I should have mentioned that the significance of this is that everything is done through html and css. There are no graphics downloaded. So it is very efficient for bandwidth.
    Well done. It is great to have a CSS convert. The main other benefit is the buttons scale up beautifully.

Now all we need is to get Xara on board.

Acorn

Definitely a convert here.

In fact, I had spent much of these past weeks taking some on-line courses in html and css to get a real understanding of what’s going on behind the WYSIWIG scene. The frustrating part was until your above post, I couldn’t figure out how to get the css into Xara without editing files after export (definitely risky for mistakes and very time-consuming).

Now I feel like a lot of possibilities have been opened up. And yes, it would be great if Xara would go in the direction of making css easier to apply in the software.