Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Justified Text

Thumbs down Justified Text

Dear Xara...

Your implementation of fully justified text is abhorrent at present.
    For left-aligned paragraphs, these are currently sliced into lines of text (SPANs) and positioned to a hundredth of a pixel.
    When fully justified, you strive for inter-word space padding. The outcome is each word is now presented within its own SPAN, apart from the last paragraph line, retaining its left justification.

I shudder to think what the output would be like if you had decided on inter-letter padding.

Can you consider a more logical approach?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Lightbulb Re: Justified Text

My suggestion would be along the lines of:
    Code:
    <style>
    .justify {
      font-size: 14px;
      line-height: 23px;
      text-align: justify;
      text-justify: inter-word;
    }
    </style>

<div class="justify">Ex sunt veniam qui magna esse nostrud, laboris velit dolor enim. Labore non aliquip ex qui excepteur enim ad, ea commodo adipisicing lorem cupidatat, sint laboris. Cupidatat enim ea ut ut do ullamco sit lorem. Sit commodo culpa velit in excepteur amet, ullamco irure. In duis consequat consectetur cupidatat quis dolore anim, incididunt adipisicing esse pariatur ut ullamco ut eiusmod.
    <br><br>
    Sunt ullamco irure consectetur incididunt ut ad veniam pariatur reprehenderit, qui dolore duis anim ullamco amet. Eu consequat sit mollit cupidatat dolor deserunt cillum culpa cupidatat labore ut, incididunt in incididunt ut in. Sed dolore culpa.
    <br><br>
    Cillum dolore dolor id consectetur aliquip minim dolor aliquip do. Non, ea incididunt exercitation. Reprehenderit in, ut velit reprehenderit lorem sunt officia, id labore nostrud consequat occaecat qui, velit qui, adipisicing in. Pariatur nostrud non enim dolor consequat enim nostrud ut. Aliquip culpa ullamco incididunt non fugiat in do?</div>
    My test file: Justify.xar

I have added pop-up fragments of the coding for all three examples.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 06 December 2019 at 11:13 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Justified Text

I'd make the argument that HTML and CSS are broken beyond repair and javascript ain't helping anyone.

But that's the computer dork in me...good luck with the request. As soon as they fix it, the W3 folks that be will destroy it because the internets are just claiming that a bunch of duct taped logs are the same as a well engineered house.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: Justified Text

Quote Originally Posted by hseiken View Post
    ...the W3 folks that be will destroy it...
    I think you are missing the poetry W3 is aiming for.

Acorn