Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: i want my sticky photo to .... (but I can't)

Sorry, just got back from the day out. When I said "strange functioning", it was that the images that are supposed to stay stationary were parallaxing downward. I had never seen that.

Anyway, I just looked at your file and noticed you have Scale to Fit Width turned on. When I turned it off, the page worked correctly (at least in the Chrome preview).

If that is in fact the issue, it is not the only apparent problem with the The Scale to Fit Width option. For example, if you use the Xara Slide Show widget and stretch it to full width, then set Scale to Fit Width, the slideshow truncates at the margins of the page. I was in touch with support, and they tested and verified that they will have to fix it, but there is no time frame.

Anyway, please check with this modification to see if you get a better result.

EDIT:
    I just looked at your original page in Edge and Firefox, and I see that the images scroll as normal. In Chrome, they scroll downward (very cool effect, but bizarre). That's what provoked my earlier comment. When I checked after removing the Scale to Fit Width option, the page worked correctly in all three browsers.
    Last edited by gcellison; 13 December 2019 at 12:45 AM.

Yes, Scale to Fit was the cause of reverting to a normal scroll rather than a parallax effect. What I find very strange though is that Scale to Fit works as required when testing locally but doesn't on publishing to the web.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For me, Egg, the only one that worked properly in the preview mode was the default IE preview, and then when I clicked the IE preview as well. When I clicked for the Firefox and Edge previews, they acted like the image was a normal full-width element (normal scrolling); and when I clicked for the Chrome and Opera previews, they gave the odd reverse parallax result.

My guess is that the coding for the Scale to Fit Width option IE was developed after the final iteration of IE, so it is ignored there, resulting in the correct functioning of the stationary parallax coding. The other browsers understand this coding, but the parallax somehow is overridden in Firefox and Edge, and it is sent wobbly by Chrome and Opera.

I suppose for the moment, if one is willing to sacrifice Scale to Fit Width, they can have the cool parallax effect.