Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Gap Between Footer & Browser Window

I have been working on my website over the past 2 years and throughout this same period I have been fighting with the following issue:

On certain pages there is gap between the footer & the bottom of the browser window. It doesn't discriminate between mobile or desktop but it is random across the entire website. Also, all of the page length dotted lines are located at the bottom of the footer on every page.
    These two browser screenshots show what I mean.

In desktop mode the footer is planted firmly at the bottom of the browser window, as expected
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desctop View.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	125845

But in mobile view there is a big gap at the bottom

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobile View.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	125843

As mentioned already this issue is random across the website and happens to either mobile or desktop, sometimes both and some pages don't have the issue at all either on mobile or desktop.

I have looked around the forums and on Google etc for a fix but the closest I came to one was by a chap (I forget his name) who said that it could be something to do with the X & Y positioning on the shadowing on the background layer. I followed his instructions to change both the X & Y values up one digit then back again with no change to my issue having done this. I have even tried deselecting the "show shadow" option in the page options tab, again with no effect.

The only meaningful option that I have found to SOMETIMES temporarily work is as follows:

>Select the page affected
    >Unlock & select "Pasteboard Background"
    >Then select "Rectangle"
    This rectangle is usually taller than the top of my page, longer than the bottom of my page and wider on both sides. I have tried just shortening this rectangle to the bottom of the page, just shortening the height to the top of the page and a mixture of the two then republish. Sometimes it fixes my problem but only until I republish again. If I then go back to the same page, the Background has resized itself to the bigger size. Again, some pages stay fixed while other do not.

I have lived with this issue for 2 years now and various updates have not affected or fixed the issue.

My website is split in to 6 sub-sites as it is a large website with nearly 100 pages so I divided it up in to sections about a year ago to make it easier to edit certain parts of the website individually and to make it quicker for the republish upload. I have this issue across the entire site and isn't local to one section of the website.

The website in question is:

https://paulsastophotography.co.uk

I can upload one of the subsite Xara files if needs be.
    Last edited by paul.ibbitson; 06 December 2019 at 12:50 PM.