Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi!!

I would like to know how I can fill an object that has been imported from an DXF file.
    thanks!

cya!
    IP

Hi!!

I would like to know how I can fill an object that has been imported from an DXF file.
    thanks!

cya!
    IP

I tried a few things, but haven't been successful. It appeared that I was getting individual line segments that were not connected. I haven't used Draw in a long time, and don't remember how to connect lines.

I opened a DXF file that had fills (solid defore saving to DXF), and the fills became triangles in Draw. I have CD10. Not something useable.

Fills from CAD applications are mostly like that.

For me, I would open the file in AutoSketch, and point to an area to get a fill. Then save to WMF. AS can produce a solid fill that will be an object in other applications, and not a series of triangles.

Rich
    IP

I once tried to do the same thing to some dxf files. Rich is right, dxf has separate segmented lines that are grouped and cannot be easily filled. If it is not too complicated, maybe you could just retrace the shapes with the pen tool with the snap to object option enabled. The nodes created by the pen tool would snap to the nodes in the dxf imported shape. It is best if you create another layer for this and place this below the dxf. Disabling the edit icon on the dxf layer would also help while you're tracing.
    Here is a site I found. Maybe you could find some other useful tools for Draw.

http://www.isocalc.com/cooltools/
    IP

OK. I'll try that at work
    Thank you very much Rich and Grafixman!!!
    IP