Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timings

Default Re: Timings

humm.. readings will vary depending on hardware and on background software/settings, such as av

i have at least three programs monitoring proccesses all the time in the background - eset/acronis/defender(win10)

does it happen when computer in flight mode - connectivity issues also podsible

no current issues for me, but i could see it happening
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    humm.. readings will vary depending on hardware and on background software/settings, such as av
    i have at least three programs monitoring proccesses all the time in the background - eset/acronis/defender(win10)
    does it happen when computer in flight mode - connectivity issues also podsible
    no current issues for me, but i could see it happening
    Again, it is less the absolute timings, which can vary, but the relative reductions I have recorded. These being on the one machine, running concurrently.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I was really thinking about what Egg said in that post

Also there is the possibility that the later Xara program[s] interface with the current iteration of windows 10 [which i assume you have] in a different way to the earlier ones
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

FWIW the attached log shows the delay that occurs in v16.3 which freezes with the message line "97% Adding colours to document" even when the document is blank. The initialisation process was I understand from Rob rewritten between 16.2 and 16.3 and now takes some convoluted path to become "active". In my case around 21 secs.

00000237 5.21115637 [12548] -- OpUpdate called: 0, 0
    00000238 26.42596054 [12548] active

It is I understand logged as a bug.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Guys,

I also have the problem with adding colors. Slows terrebly down.

Regards,
    Frits

@Xara...

Might be the problem that if there are lots of Colour Palletes in the colour Gallery, start-up is loading all of them into memory?
    I have the standard Palette and all the PANTONE ones and a series of others that have hundreds of colours.

It really would be nice to have an update and if a solution is known when that will be deployed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat