Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 NEW CUSTOMER JOBS - ONLINE INFO RESOURCE LIBRARIES

Hi all... been super busy with these. Two companies needed a 'resource library'/'reference manual' for their users. (Funeral Directors)

Everything document connected to these was created in XARA except for the videos (obviously)... which I did in various video apps.

I didn't want to create the 'standard/boring' PDF manual with just links... so I took a chance with a little design/website type of thing... and they both loved it.

They're 90% done. All are still going over everything and making changes and adjustments. — ENDLESSLY :-/

So here they are - have a look. I'm always compelled when I post here to always thank the veteran support users here for all their help... they have taught me soooo much about XARA.

https://assets.socialfuneralfunding...._xr_page_index

https://assets.socialfuneralfunding...._xr_page_index

Thanks

Cliff

Default Re: 2 NEW CUSTOMER JOBS - ONLINE INFO RESOURCE LIBRARIES

Cliff, they work well. Some innovative features.

Click The Blue TextLinks
    I would always have some effect when moving over a link. Those would visual difficulties might never discern blue.

https://assets.socialfuneralfunding....age_newsletter has code doing nothing on a click in the Archive.

You have 174 font styles and a large number of fonts used. Bet you can't find the Times New Roman use.

As these were to have been PDFs, how does the Client print off a set (especially Pop-up) for when they are out and about?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cliff,

Not sure you know it or not but the media link on your second site does not go anywhere. Like the look, you could also pull the pages into one PDF file for an additional resource that can be down loaded.

Ray

Your text links can be any color you want. I have always disliked the blue links so I almost always use the custom color option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web Props colors.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	125828  

Acorn:Click The Blue TextLinks
    I would always have some effect when moving over a link. Those would visual difficulties might never discern blue.
    I agree and it's funny how they wanted to say 'Click The Blue Text Links' - I guess they think that people don't know 'blue' is a link color forever...

Acorn: https://assets.socialfuneralfunding....age_newsletter has code doing nothing on a click in the Archive.
    Got it... Thanks! I'll bet there's ever more spots like that... I'll dig in...

Acorn:
    You have 174 font styles and a large number of fonts used. Bet you can't find the Times New Roman use.
    This is my downfall... I never prepare my jobs with or use font or text styles.... I usually just fly be the seat of... and go by my eye...
    I know it's a bad practice and I know what 'should' be done but.... but... after all is said and done... if the aesthetics work for me - and them, I just leave it alone

Acorn:
    As these were to have been PDFs, how does the Client print off a set (especially Pop-up) for when they are out and about?
    Well, only because they only thought about PDFs. But they initially wanted them to be online access only and I said sure we can make PDFs for online viewing...
    But since 'viewing' only was what they orig wanted, I went for this... besides, there are so so many external linking docs, the users would be downloading and
    printing too many things... so bottom line... an online document...

Thanks as always Acorn!

I get ya Gary... but Blue is what they want... Blue is what they get.... LOL

Yes RK.... there for future use... Yes... I know... not great practice to have a 'dead' lilnk... just put it there when the content is ready, right? Well, not my call... theirs...

and as far as the couple of PDFs there... and how they're there.... again... their call...

Thank you!

I get ya Gary... but Blue is what they want... Blue is what they get.... LOL
    Yes, but how many shades of blue do you suppose there are?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yes, but how many shades of blue do you suppose there are?
    Not sure Gary. How many do you suppose there are?

I'm not into this one, Cliff. It has the feel of a carnival with all the flashing links, and the red writing proudly stating 288 started daily made me cringe a little.

The wording may well be out of your control, but I'd tone down the animations to be a more sombre and less samba.