Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 2 NEW CUSTOMER JOBS - ONLINE INFO RESOURCE LIBRARIES

Put the FUN back in funeral...
    ~Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I'm not into this one, Cliff. It has the feel of a carnival with all the flashing links, and the red writing proudly stating 288 started daily made me cringe a little.

The wording may well be out of your control, but I'd tone down the animations to be a more sombre and less samba.
    Well Chris... and Fred... your right! - totally agree. The wording IS out of my control... and so are the colors... kinda surprised at you guys not 'assuming' this...

Have you never had a client say... "Can you make this/that 'pop' more" "I want that to be brighter" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

And when it comes to animations... I originally put in some 'very very' subtle ones... when they saw them... This is what 'one' of the principles did. Sent me a spinning graphic and said... "can you do this?"

I'm the LAYOUT guy... I designed the pages & navigation etc. After that... I gets me money!

Thank you all for your constructive advice.... I think I'll pass it on by telling the client that I presented this to a few website developer professionals and they suggested... maybe that will help...
    But between you and me... I don't give a hoot!

Thanks again
    Cliff

Cliff, I do appreciate you fielding your commissions. They are very insightful. The recent set have tons to material and lots of thought behind them and exceed most offerings out there.
    Keep at it and keep taking the money.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I understand and not intending to be critical...just humorous.
    ~Fred

First... Fred C. — Didn't think you were being critical... I DID think that was funny!

Ok guys... just got off the phone a while ago with the clients and expressed some of the thoughts you had here about the documents... They set me straight about something.

This is a new donation/crowdfunding system that is for funeral professionals only that will integrate directly on their websites.. These documents are not for public consumption.
    They are in-house / industry specific / to the trade documents. It's among them only... so they are not concerned about somber or samba - (Chris :-) that was funny too ) or any other
    types of attitude that would be expressed to their families... (that's how they refer to clients - families) It's not a "website" to be promoted or put 'out' there as a regular site... and they
    have a whole other type of communication between them... it's all business! Make-a-da-money.

But I have to tell ya... lol
    I snuck in some of your thoughts (made some changes) and toned it down a bit... they didn't even notice... as long as they got their spinning wheel and a few other goodies... LOL

Thanks all

Love when I post stuff here... always learn something else!!!

Cliff

PS Thanks Acorn!

Cliff, I didn't assume you had no control, in fact I assumed the opposite. I thought you were asking for opinions otherwise your post would have been in the Web Gallery section.

To be honest I was quite perky because 99% of the time your creativity leaves me quite envious and makes me try harder with my own work. I was happy to be able to contribute without blowing smoke up your bum and coming across as a fanboy.

As an example, I was making some online flyers for a nightclub and I referenced the dessert flyers you posted constantly. The way you matched the feel of the flyers to the individual dessert was what I was trying to emulate. To be fair, it was easy to be better than what they already had, the bar was so low a pro limbo dancer would have struggled.

I took too long to post and you negated everything I wrote...now I look silly. Which, according to my wife, is my fully evolved form.

I took too long to post and you negated everything I wrote...now I look silly. Which, according to my wife, is my fully evolved form.
    Chris... my friend... please... not/never a problem... it's just discussion. You know, one of the hardest things I've ever ever ever done online (since 1986 or there abouts) is to master communication on forums.

I have never truly learned 'how' to interpret most of the time nor find the right words/way of saying what I'm really trying to say... (there should be some course on 'forum talk')

So that being said, I assume there are others that have the same problem... at least to some degree. Or... their just dirty rotten stinkin' mean! LOLOLOLOL

Take care Chris - oh, your wife must know mine, and they must talk to each other because I see great similarities...

Cliff

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    I have never truly learned 'how' to interpret most of the time nor find the right words/way of saying what I'm really trying to say.Cliff
    Isn't it funny how you can proof read something over and over, but as soon as you hit the 'Send' button everything changes. There's a good example in my post...I wrote:

"I referenced the dessert flyers you posted constantly." I wrote it as 'I was constantly referencing' (respect). BUT 'The flyers you constantly posted' (insult) also works depending how you read it. Luckily we're both beer swigging alpha males who only cry when Bambi's Mum got shot so it doesn't matter which way it was interpreted.

Isn't it funny how you can proof read something over and over, but as soon as you hit the 'Send' button everything changes. There's a good example in my post...I wrote:

"I referenced the dessert flyers you posted constantly." I wrote it as 'I was constantly referencing' (respect). BUT 'The flyers you constantly posted' (insult) also works depending how you read it. Luckily we're both beer swigging alpha males who only cry when Bambi's Mum got shot so it doesn't matter which way it was interpreted.
    Yeah Chris... you had me wondering.... was I 'constantly' posting those flyers? LOLOLOL And as I told my wife.... I was NOT crying when Mum got shot - somethin' flew in me eye...

Have a good one!