Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default still not worth 69 GBP

the upgrade.... I looked at the improvements re rotation, useful but not useful enough

last 3 years I have bought quite a bit black friday, but this year not so much mostly books.. but one thing i did buy was Pinnacle studio 23 for £89.50

in the past I have used camtasia, but my version is old and they wanted £72 to update - again not worth it - camtasia is really geared to the powerpoint end of the presentation market - pinnacle is a proper video editor, for example it has keyframing for animating effects and transitions - always nice when you get value for money
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: still not worth 69 GBP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    .. but one thing i did buy was Pinnacle studio 23 for £89.50
    Oh no! You must have missed my message about the Corel HumbleBundle - 25$ for Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate plus PaintShop Pro 2020U, PhotoMirage (full version), and Painter 2019. Today is the last day.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

ok I'll look at that thanks
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok I can go for that and return the other purchase under the distance selling regs, unless I find the HB has strings attached [which it did with xara 15.1] - thanks again for the heads up
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the upgrade.... I looked at the improvements re rotation, useful but not useful enough

last 3 years I have bought quite a bit black friday, but this year not so much mostly books.. but one thing i did buy was Pinnacle studio 23 for £89.50

in the past I have used camtasia, but my version is old and they wanted £72 to update - again not worth it - camtasia is really geared to the powerpoint end of the presentation market - pinnacle is a proper video editor, for example it has keyframing for animating effects and transitions - always nice when you get value for money
    I just keep hitting problems with rotation.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I just keep hitting problems with rotation.
    I have three distinct Shapes, with creation angles (-10.84, 90, 0). When I select them all, the selection will show Many as the Angle of rotation.
    If I select all of them and rotate with the selection rotation handles, the Shapes rotate around their common centre. The selection will show Many as the Angle of rotation.
    If I had chosen to restrict with Ctrl+Rotation by 45 degrees clockwise (i.e., -45), the reported angles are now (-55.84, 45, -45).

Were I to have input -45 in the Angle of rotation box then all become (-45, -45, -45); each rotates about its own (selected) centre.
    Were I to have input #-45 in the Angle of rotation then I get (-55.84, 45, -45); the Shapes rotate around their common centre.
    Were I to have Grouped the Selection and input -45 in the Angle of rotation then Ungrouped then I get (-55.84, 45, -45); the Shapes rotate around their common centre.

Simple really,
    Acorn

P.S. If American, plead the Fifth.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

many is what xara calls an attribute that has more than one variable with a selection - eg a selection of a group within which there are outlines with different values will show outline value as many

that said, you have demonstrated well why I will carry on waiting, sow's pinna.... like so much these days in xara, it seems more of a manifesto pledge plus carrot, than any actual substance
    Nothing lasts forever...

Works as you clearly explain for me Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think a great feature that could be added and still isn't is a gradient mode that follows contour. Sure you can do the blend trick, but for simple gradients, it's overkill, especially if you want a nice blend at high resolution/large print size.

Instead, we get more cloud garbage which is one of the other reasons I just talk massive mess about adobe in the first place.

And sad thing is, there's other vector programs that have this. Also, a matrix blend would be nice. Even Inkscape has this with not much financial backing. I don't know anytihng about the technical side of Xara, but it seems people who also don't have technical backgrounds are in charge of the 'upgrades'.

Can we get people with good ideas AND technical knowhow on the staff? I never thought I'd be siding with the jaded users so soon. :P I still use Xara over everything else, but...these last updates are laughable as an artist. Here's the rule to success...don't do something with a difficulty of 10 with execution of 5. Do something with difficulty of 5 at execution of 10. Xara's quick engine and simple but deep interface is difficulty of 5 and execution of 10...that's the program's direction and current management thinks 'oh cloud and internet' is the future?

No. Please stop! Just continue down the path it trailblazed already, there's still room to grow and be unique.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

but they have already left that path in terms of what their main focus is - they are now into the cloud app and website building in a big way....
    Nothing lasts forever...