Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default still not worth 69 GBP

the upgrade.... I looked at the improvements re rotation, useful but not useful enough

last 3 years I have bought quite a bit black friday, but this year not so much mostly books.. but one thing i did buy was Pinnacle studio 23 for 89.50

in the past I have used camtasia, but my version is old and they wanted 72 to update - again not worth it - camtasia is really geared to the powerpoint end of the presentation market - pinnacle is a proper video editor, for example it has keyframing for animating effects and transitions - always nice when you get value for money
    -------------------------------
    carpe diem
    carpo vitae

Default Re: still not worth 69 GBP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    .. but one thing i did buy was Pinnacle studio 23 for 89.50
    Oh no! You must have missed my message about the Corel HumbleBundle - 25$ for Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate plus PaintShop Pro 2020U, PhotoMirage (full version), and Painter 2019. Today is the last day.
    John
    Xara DPX(16.2.0.56957)

ok I'll look at that thanks
    carpe diem
    carpo vitae

ok I can go for that and return the other purchase under the distance selling regs, unless I find the HB has strings attached [which it did with xara 15.1] - thanks again for the heads up
    carpe diem
    carpo vitae

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the upgrade.... I looked at the improvements re rotation, useful but not useful enough

last 3 years I have bought quite a bit black friday, but this year not so much mostly books.. but one thing i did buy was Pinnacle studio 23 for 89.50

in the past I have used camtasia, but my version is old and they wanted 72 to update - again not worth it - camtasia is really geared to the powerpoint end of the presentation market - pinnacle is a proper video editor, for example it has keyframing for animating effects and transitions - always nice when you get value for money
    I just keep hitting problems with rotation.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I just keep hitting problems with rotation.
    I have three distinct Shapes, with creation angles (-10.84, 90, 0). When I select them all, the selection will show Many as the Angle of rotation.
    If I select all of them and rotate with the selection rotation handles, the Shapes rotate around their common centre. The selection will show Many as the Angle of rotation.
    If I had chosen to restrict with Ctrl+Rotation by 45 degrees clockwise (i.e., -45), the reported angles are now (-55.84, 45, -45).

Were I to have input -45 in the Angle of rotation box then all become (-45, -45, -45); each rotates about its own (selected) centre.
    Were I to have input #-45 in the Angle of rotation then I get (-55.84, 45, -45); the Shapes rotate around their common centre.
    Were I to have Grouped the Selection and input -45 in the Angle of rotation then Ungrouped then I get (-55.84, 45, -45); the Shapes rotate around their common centre.

Simple really,
    Acorn

P.S. If American, plead the Fifth.
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

many is what xara calls an attribute that has more than one variable with a selection - eg a selection of a group within which there are outlines with different values will show outline value as many

that said, you have demonstrated well why I will carry on waiting, sow's pinna.... like so much these days in xara, it seems more of a manifesto pledge plus carrot, than any actual substance
    carpe diem
    carpo vitae

Works as you clearly explain for me Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16GB Ram + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive
    Xara Designer Pro X 16