Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Throw Xara's SmartShape Charts away

Might as well be controversial.

I have asked on many occasions for Xara to allow Tables and Charts to work together so data changes, in CSV, or Google Spreadsheet (much loved by Egg) can be delivered easily without a Xara republish.
    A simple request for negative values is still an update or two adrift.

Xara's SmartShapes for Charts uses Highcharts.
    Highcharts has a Cloud service: https://cloud.highcharts.com/.

In use, design your chart and data and Publish.
    Pick Publish > Embed on your website> Embed button.
    Copy the IFRAME code into a box Placeholder HTML code (body).
    Code:
    <iframe class="highcharts-iframe" src="https://cloud.highcharts.com/embed/aA0pHktl/" title="Chart: Test" style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 500px"></iframe>
    The only code change you may need is change the width and/or height to 100%.
    Done.

Any changes in Highcharts Cloud that are Published are available on a page refresh in your Xara site.
    The Placeholder can be resized without code changes.

Highcharts - Test Chart.xar

These charts will obviously publish into print documents as well but you need to ensure the Re-generate placeholder option has been selected.

There are one or two Chart options available: https://www.highcharts.com/demo/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Throw Xara's SmartShape Charts away

I have kept every tip from you Acorn. And now I have another. Often non profits want charts for presentations and websites and since these are free, so why not. Thanks for posting.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Throw Xara's SmartShape Charts away

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    I have kept every tip from you Acorn. And now I have another. Often non profits want charts for presentations and websites and since these are free, so why not. Thanks for posting.
    Bill, that is kind.

If I was kind, Xara has around 12 novel charts; Highcharts Cloud is around 80, with the ability to work with data.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 02 December 2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat