Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transfer from Designer 10 to WD premium

I've constructed a pop up menu in Designer 10. It contains a symbol which triggers a layer with buttons for different pages. It slides from the left to right. Layers include a pop up along with navigation layers that reside in the mouseon layer.

I'd like to place this arrangement into to WD Premium site. Is there a way to transfer this arrangement into a site without constructing the whole thing again in WD. Gary Priester helped me construct the arrangement. I often do mock ups in Designer 10 rather than WD. Can I copy all parts then paste all in WD and move the different parts to the correct layers?

Many thanks
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Transfer from Designer 10 to WD premium

Bill, any Xara design file can be opened directly in another Xara Desktop application.
    I would do this as a first and save it to a different name.

Then I would copy the menu from this design into your new one.
    I don't know if you have Soft-Grouped things. If not, ensure all menu layers are items are selectable. Copy all and Paste into the new design.
    Do check first in Utilities > Options > Page Size > Document that your option for Layers is not affecting any Paste operation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Transfer from Designer 10 to WD premium

@acorn Thanks Acorn. That worked out well I just added a test page to one of my sites and did the copy and paste. Sorted a few things and it worked well.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.