Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Font Installation

It's really not at all easy to install a new font that isn't in the list shown.
    I would suggest adding a "new font install" option at top of the font section.

Default Re: New Font Installation

You may have the wrong end of the stick here. Xara uses the fonts that are installed in Windows itself. You can grab any font from the 'Net, install it and Xara will pick it up and add it to the list.

there is a mechanism to install fonts in xara using the font gallery, but i would do it the way chris suggests unless they were fonts downloaded from xara itself, you may need to restart the program
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I download the font, double click on the font file, then click Install. The font is automatically installed in the Windows Fonts folder and appears in Xara's Fonts drop down list.

One thing I would like to see, however, is all font samples in the Fonts drop down list displayed at the same size. Sometimes the sample is so tiny it's impossible to see what the font looks like.

agreed and a meaningful sort function too
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Xara has impressed me with it's font handling. And there already is a way to categorize them. It doesn't do it automagically, but you can do it.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com