In a recent update to WDP, a new feature was introduced, named Scale to Fit Width. For anyone who didn’t notice it, if the feature is activated, the entire website scales up and down for different browser sizes, so that it always fits horizontally into the space available. Though it doesn’t replace using RWD variants, it can reduce the number of variants needed, and it is perhaps one step closer in giving Xara websites a more authentically “responsive” feel. It looks worth considering.

I wanted to ask if anybody has experimented with this feature and perhaps incorporated it into their websites; and if so, how pleased they are with the results.

And a second question: Something I noticed is that the entire page just grows and shrinks, as if it were under a magnifying glass. For example, the text doesn’t stay the same size and move around with respect to other elements. Rather, it passes through a range of font sizes that are non-integers. Does anyone know how this is accomplished… or more precisely, whether this is done completely internally without additional coding (other than the obvious coding associated with activating the feature)? My underlying concern is if it might affect efficiency, and as a result, how the site would be rated by search engines?

Thanks.

Edit: For anyone who has used the feature, did you notice a difference in the clarity of images and text when the page is shown at unusual widths? Blurriness, etc.?