Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Smart Photo Grid

I'm using Smart Photo Grid 2 (the mushroom one).

Select the grid > Web Properties > Image - and set the Po-Up Width to anything (I used 1000). It works perfectly.

Go back to the Pop-Up Width (note it's reverted to the default off and 500 even though it works) and change to another value. The grid refuses to pop-up at all.

I've tried ctrl clicking individually (which then shows the Pop-Up Width, but doesn't work. I've tried swapping the photos. I've tried pasting attributes from a working grid and I've tried cursing. Is it a bug, or am I missing something?

Default Re: Smart Photo Grid

Have you tried to start anew with a fresh copy of the Photo Grid 2 or try it in a new document? Sometimes that does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Have you tried to start anew with a fresh copy of the Photo Grid 2 or try it in a new document? Sometimes that does the trick.

Starting a new grid in the same doc, or starting a new doc meets the same fate. I can set the pop-up size once, but once only and I can't un-set it. Un-set...sending that off to Merriam-Webster.

Chris, I reported this to xara years back then I found the method for Pop-ups and equally Links.

Depending on the Grid, the safest is to use Ctrl+Alt+Select until you have just one image. Usually Ctrl+Select works.
    Then apply you Pop-up width.

Smart Photo Grid! Humans Smarter.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Nope, the mushrooms are ctrl+alt+select resistant. It's fungus size or no size. They've evolved into being so smart they know better than we mere mortals.

smart can also mean hurt.. is this a coincidence I wonder... [ 'google smarts'.. well it deserves to... ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ctrl+Alt+Select one or more times.

For SPG2, I just used Ctrl+Select > Image >Photo pop-up and set each image size separately and repeatedly.
    You must commit with Apply button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ctrl+Alt+Select one or more times.

For SPG2, I just used Ctrl+Select > Image >Photo pop-up and set each image size separately and repeatedly.
    You must commit with Apply button.

Acorn

After a good nights sleep and a restart of the com, you are right, ctrl+select will allow for individual corrections.

Something must have been amiss yesterday, because I did the exact same thing, but when previewed, the ability to pop-up was not there. It was as if the feature was turned off and no amount of ctrls, alts and random clicking would convince it otherwise.

You'd think I would have learned by now. Something fishy? Restart the sucker.