Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default slowest productivity

I have to wait a very long long time to upload a small change made to only one page. Yes I have fast upload feature enabled.
    I do not think it is my stats. Please see them below.

Okay I get it, the machine may be slow to calculate what changes were done on what page and gathers all the info and yes it take long time for this too but
    when it uploads, I would have assumed it would just quickly change or add the smallest changes that I have made and not run into 10 min +

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	125792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	125793

Default Re: slowest productivity

Name all large images (filename="meaningfulImageName"), especially if used on multiple pages.
    Avoid Xara Navbars.
    Ensure text is never Grouped.
    Simplify boxes' colours and effects - stops them becoming images.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Xara will export everything first, and then connect to check what needs to be uploaded. It's currently not possible to check and then export a couple of images or update some text due to the way the HTML filter works.

As much as I hate to say it, that is also a very slow computer.

Thank you guys. I guess times to buy a good laptop on Black Friday.

Would you say this is faster than the one above?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LL.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	125798

Download a copy of CPU-Z. https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html.
    6GB of RAM will probably be the bottleneck.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here is the thing. If Xara was multi tasking and used multiple cpu's then I would say yes I need to get a highend system, but it is slow, specially like Rob mentioned it is doing things the other way around. I truly hope that they need to rewrite the whole engine from scratch or something. Xara now for web design will get slower and slower and competition faster and faster.

Acorn I do not think Xara uses any hardware or multi processors so testing it for that is useless, still thanks.

There's no one answer to your question I'm afraid, we can't know what else your computer is doing in the background. Xara may not utilse multi core (for example) but your com isn't just looking after Xara.

Xara - 'hey, give me a CPU to use' multi core processor - 'sure, use this one, rest of the team carry on doing the other tasks.'
    Dual channel RAM. Xara - 'hey I need some RAM' multi channel - 'sure, read with this channel, write with that one.'
    NVMe. Xara - 'hey I need to save all this work' - NMVe - 'sure, I can write at about 1,500MB a second'

If you're just thinking about Xara, then RAM and an SSD would be your best bang for bucks, but it isn't the whole story. Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news.

following on..

at least 8GB and the fastest processor you can afford

and definately a solid state [SSD] drive, for the system drive at least, both if you use a different drive for active data

the SSD will make a difference, though whether you will notice depends as chris said on what else your computer is doing... but if you use HDD you only are building in slowness from the start; HDD fine for archive and storage, but for running system processess on they are slow in comparison and that slows everything down that cannot be done entirely in RAM which is not as much as you might think [even more important if your RAM is low]

cpuid is useful for monitoring system parameters generally, I use it for keeping an eye on cpu temps when rendering/recoding video which is very system resource heavy.. but of limited use for specific programs, because as said modern windows OS is always running lots of things at once in the background at least

final point: if your SSD is relatively small, and you RAM is high, avoid hibernating the computer, as the hib file will be big and will eat into the SSD free space
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

THank you Gang, point taken. I appreciate the feedback.