Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Thanks for the reply and no I do not take offense in what you said. I am neither a photographer or a proficient graphics use. I am just a guy who is fascinated by the veritable miracles I see created on all the software that is out there for the serious souls that are forging a career. I simply work at my church creating greeting cards for shut-ins, the ill, and whoever needs a thoughtful ideas so understand that I've never gone to school for this kind of work but am floored by the imaginations of all people in the graphics field. I send you many kudos for your thought provoking philosophy and your keen insight it to the need for being original. Thanks again for your advice.

Manny

I try to house my anger a little more tactfully, sometimes I forget that people using software aren't from the same background as me so again, I apologize if I was taking out my anger at the laziness of my peers at school on an unsuspecting victim asking a question! The suggestion above works fine. As an aside, draw what you see...which is light bouncing off forms. Everything is simple shapes with light applying the perception you get from your vantage point...even cartoonists won't draw things 'perfectly and realistic' but they 'draw on' (pun!) real life and what they see. You can represent things any way you wish, if you understand what you see! Best of luck!