Quote Originally Posted by ewraysure View Post
I've got a lot to learn here.
My experience was that having a site with 30 pages slowed everything down - but I'm thinking what I constructed was unrefined.
There's obviously far more to Xara than I got from the official 'Help' section of the program - and looking at the forum has opened my eyes to my ignorance.
Yesterday I went to bed frustrated and fed up. Now, thanks to you guys generosity and help, I feel back on an even keel and able to forge ahead.

The whole WebPlus experience when Serif pulled the plug was a bummer. I won't be around fairly soon and I just want to leave a local history website and my family history story on the internet as a sort of memorial that my kids could keep ticking over. I hope Xara is the way to go and that it will continue to be supported and compatible with whatever drives the web in the future.
ewraysure, I'm sure you'll be around for a long time. Long enough to see your efforts in a Xara approach will be worth it.

Keep plugging and come back with questions.

You need to consider if your material is more a book that is read from beginning to end or one that has specific chapters, which can be looked at in isolation.
The former could be a Supersite, effectively one long page, a bit like a scrolling PDF. Its advantage would be in searching the whole thing at once. It still allows you to jump to headings and you can create Table of Contents.
It is what I would aim for if I was researching a history.

Acorn