Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default my plug-ins for Alien and eye candy aren't working on my new Designer Pro X

Hi, I just purchased Designer Pro X and have it all set up and it is working admirably; So then I installed my eye candy 4000 and my alien skin xenofes2 and they seemed to download perfectly but don't seem to work properly. I was in the process of applying the weave effect to a photo and even though when the window opened and I applied the effects I wanted and clicked the apply button nothing happened. I'm sure it's not the software because I still have installed in my Designer Pro 11 and both plug-ins are working, so what am I doing wrong. Thanks.

Manny

Default Re: my plug-ins for Alien and eye candy aren't working on my new Designer Pro X

it could be - there have been some major changes in the way photos are handled ix XDPX

fisrt step is always to right click on xara and run as administrator once

with plug-ins some need a layer beneath the one you are operating on

are the alien candy plugins 32bit - xara is now 64bit and not all 32bit plugins work... they should in theory, but...

all that said I don't use these particular plugins, maye someone else still does - have you downloaded the latest plugins rather than the ones you used for XDP11 because if so it is possible the plugin manufacturer has stopped supporting xara products...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: my plug-ins for Alien and eye candy aren't working on my new Designer Pro X

Hi, and thanks for the advice. I think I may have a corrupted file so I just restarted the software and the problem went away.

that can happen
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...