Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Cloud Black Friday offer

Aaaah! The Cloud! I read what I wanted to see.

I tried both BLACKFRIDAY2019 and FRIDAY2019 which is the code indicated by Magix in the Magix Connect popup and it also popped up on the Magix.com site. The latter is offering a 20% reduction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackFriday special discount 2019.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	125785
    Last edited by browj2; 25 November 2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added image
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I have had an on-line chat with Rob-Xar on the Xara Discord site about something I consider is the start of a sea change.

I have used the above Xara Cloud Promo Code and bought a 12-month subscription to Xara Cloud Pro!
    This is £155.40, discounted to £108.78. Sadly VAT is added so my bill was £130.54.

Acorn's flipped, I hear.
    Well, bundled with the annual subscription is a free Xara Designer Pro licence.
    In my case, I have opted for a one-year extension on top of my existing XDPX licence.
    It is all a bit manual at present but I think I can see a number of advantages with this new endeavour.

A new XDPX licence is currently £99 VAT ex, £118.80 VAT Inc.
    An upgrade XDPX is £69 (£82.80 incl VAT).

In my (upgrading) case, XARA Cloud Pro is costing me £47.74 for the coming year: £4/month.
    I can cut out one coffee a month to cover this, though, with possible extra work, I'll be needing the coffee back.

If someone has a lapsed XWDP licence then potentially this is a way to upgrade. You will have to do the math(s) yourself.

So I am now left with a Xara Cloud account.
    My first use ought to be getting my own marketing material in order.

After that, I would consider creating more solid thematic content for new customers so I can sell a site but swiftly come up with punchy marketing material (for a few dollars more).

Whether I ever release a client onto a site I have built (sweated over) is another day's thinking.

A month back it was a 50% discount but sadly there was no mention then of a bundled XDPX licence.

Happy Black Fridaying,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Support is also direct with us if you purchase a subscription, even for desktop inquiries.

Thanks
    Rob