Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Well, this is embarrassing.

I working with a variant for a smart phone and wanted to change the color of a button with a drop down menu. -- then I noticed that the mouseover layer for my button resided upon a text layer. Then I noticed I could not move that button group into the mouseover layer - hell - I couldn't even edit the button if I wanted to. My pointing won't let me select it. The button still works - it's just the button is on the wrong layer -- and I don't think I can move it anyway. Argh.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara page.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	125766  
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Well, this is embarrassing.

Drag the Text Layer above Mouse Off and Over to select.
    If it has to stay in the wrong place then use Solo mode.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@acorn - Thanks Acorn.

I was able to move the 'text layer' above the mouseoff and Over - I was able to select - but for some reason I cannot select any parts let alone the color of the button. Rather strange because I was able to duplicate the button etc in XD10. I'm wondering its because I already have the drop down menu set up. I could start again with a new button and add the drop down navigation but I'd like to find out what I'm doing wrong. I can't edit this button. I'd like to upload just one page but I don't know how to do that. So its a screen shot again.

Name:	index_screen.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	125769  
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Hi Bill

I'd like to upload just one page but I don't know how to do that.
    In Xara rename your file via 'Save As' and give it a name like 'single-page-upload'.

Delete all but your index page and save.

Then in your TG thread click Post Quick Reply.

Type something like "Attached my problem web file"

Then click the Go Advanced button bottom right.

Scroll down this page until you see the Additional Options / Manage Attachments section.

Click the Manage Attachments button

This opens a new window, the File Upload Manager window

Click the Upload button

Either browse to your file or drag and drop it onto the Browse button

Hit the upload button

Once it shows in the bottom of the window click Close then in the original window click Submit reply.

Name:	export.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	125773   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	125774  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@egg Thanks for the instructions Egg. I have uploaded one of my favorite pages. I'm working on the iPhone variant with one button. My problem is I cannot edit the button. I have my navigation all set; though it won't show with the single page upload. I started things on the wrong foot when the layer 'text' ended up with the mouseoff button. I tried to move that out of the text layer and that wouldn't work. As @acorn suggested I moved the text layer above the mouseover mouseoff layers and that didn't solve the problem. All I want to do is change the color of the mouseoff stage because it looks like hell with the rest of my layout.

Just can't figure out why all stages of the button are dimmed. I've enclosed the troubling page. Many thanks. -Bill-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Info Re: Well, this is embarrassing.

Bill, to get the Menu button into MouseOver and MouseOff layers, copy it to a new document and then copy it back into the one with the problem. Delete the old button.

It is a NavBar so double-clik it and then in the NavBar Properties dialog, click the Ungroup to edit graphics button.
    Do read the Help on NavBar editing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@Acorn Thanks Acorn. The initial button was in rough shape, so I'm using a new button and everything lined up very well. I missed the 'ungroup to edit" in the Nav bar dialogue. Thanks very much for helping and pointing that out. Appreciate it.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    @Acorn Thanks Acorn. The initial button was in rough shape, so I'm using a new button and everything lined up very well. I missed the 'ungroup to edit" in the Nav bar dialogue. Thanks very much for helping and pointing that out. Appreciate it.
    Bill, you are more than welcome. If I know about something then I have made the same mistake myself.

Acorn