Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Image size quandry

I am tempted to save all my images from jpg to png when I import them into xara. Would this help so that the image will no longer be optimized and degraded?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I am tempted to save all my images from jpg to png when I import them into xara. Would this help so that the image will no longer be optimized and degraded?
    Xara's PNG import speed is dire.

Any PNG I import (drag and drop) is still "Optimised".
    Do you get different?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Your right, it is optimized. OMG why can it not leave it alone. XARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Your right, it is optimized. OMG why can it not leave it alone. XARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    As I say, stage it through a Blank photo template.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

ok thanks , but they need to get this right. By default it should be leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Xara's PNG import speed is dire.
    This is a retraction to the previous.

My PC decided to act up in all types of idiocy yesterday, akin to its owner.
    One of these was PNGs were taking 30 seconds to import, while JPGs were near instantaneous, amongst other funnies.

Today PNGs are normal, unlike some people.

Apologies Xara.

Acorn

@ Acorn:
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

It is another of those Xara things where the guidance is partial and differs from the explanation.
    spot on
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...