My sites have a large number of fashion pictures to show on the 3 website variant sizes of 1280, 485 and 768px.
I can't help but wonder that when I import those images onto the 1280px variant and use them on the others, that it affects page loading speed significantly.
When, lets say, a picture on the 1280 page is clicked on, it enlarges (or I intend to allow it to) to an 800px size.
Of course the smaller variants are using the same image so it seems to me that this is wasteful, but to resize each image to the correct size as required for each variant will take me weeks of work. I use Adobe Photoshop and "Export" (Save for web - Legacy) to do the resizing.
Is there a simpler way?
I also seem to think that even though I add the Alt image text, that a Google search that throws up an image from the site index_htm_files folder such as, lets say a picture with the alt image as Antonio 2345, has been renamed as 777248 or 777248@2x.jpg. I'm guessing this will result in a poor Google search result for anyone specifically looking for Antonio 2345. And why 2 images anyway? Perhaps for the image that's sized on clicking on it?

Does the use of the Optimise All Images, or Optimise Photo do much to help the situation? I presume they can't actually resize to the width size required ie 350px or 500px, but just reduces the image size in respect to the clarity of each picture.

Is anyone aware of Google's take on this situation, and also does anyone know how to rename each file in the index_htm_files folder to the correct name without having to start from scratch with building the site?
This seems to be a major problem.
I know that when I used MS Frontpage many years ago that anyone searching for a specific style in Google Images always had those from my site included. It doesn't happen at all nowadays.

If this really is affecting the Google search results, this is something that would be best addressed by a modification to the Xara code on the site construction so that true image names are save in the index_htm_files folder.

I'm still working on the site at present and have had to put it out for now until I can update various things on it so if you care to look it's at www.motherofthebrideoutfits.co

The season for mother of the bride outfits is fast approaching with new deliveries starting to come in right now so I need to be able to get Google recognition as quickly as possible.