Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cutout a portion of a Photo

i do trace the bitamp, to get the exact outline of it.
    with this path i do a clipview or whatever.
    good bitmap tracer is inkscape. works with copy and paste.
    reinhard
    no sicknature. for nearly 20 years. omg ...
    For many problems there are simple and easy-to-understand solutions that do not work.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Is there a way in Xara Designer to cutout a portion of a photo and not have a clipped photo, just the cutout portion? Everything I have tried keeps giving me a clipped photo. I have done this is the past but I can't remember if I used Xara or a paint program to do this.

Thanks
    Ray
    I hope you solved this, but reading the replies, I'm confused...you want to pull a portion of the photo out? Draw a line/shape over it then duplicate the photo and the shape, then use intersect and subtract. You should get two separate parts right next to each other. Just note that you'll now have a 'seam' to deal with.

I'm not sure that's what you were after, but your initial questions seems to suggest 'pulling' something out of a photo, like it's scissored...forgive me if I read this wrong.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

that results in two 'clipped' photos, because of xara's 'non-destructive' editing that allows you to go back, by unclipping the two parts

you need to make a bitmap copy so that you have a 'fixed' new photo if you want to use a routine that would just ignore the clipping - eg bitmap tracer
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hseiken

what I did was what handrawn suggested above. I clipped the portion of the photo I wanted and then made a bitmap copy. This way I could runt the bitmap tracer on just that portion that I wanted.

Ray