Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug Overextension of Drawing Tools

Dear Xara...

I am used to using the Colour picker across multiple monitors to select a wanted colour; the Eyedropper pointer is active outside of the Xara Sesktop application (XDA).

What I am surprised by is that the "Freehand and Brush Tool N", the "Straight line [sic] Tool" and the "Shape Painter tool [sic] Shift+B" all work outside the XDA.

Bug - Clearly this is a nonsense as you are unable to see anything of what you are drawing.
    Bug - A Control Point can similarly been dragged beyond the XDA window with the Shape Tool F4.

For those without multiple monitors, check when you do not have the XDA window maximised.

Acorn

P.S. Could you tidy up the inconsistencies in the above Tool Tooltips for case and preferably too, for lack of QuicKeys.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Overextension of Drawing Tools

i would not necessarily call it nonsence, it can be useful and is quite common in drawing apps, what is more irritating to me is not being able to drag xara drawing windows outside of the UI
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Bug Re: Overextension of Drawing Tools

There will, of course, be not need to take any action - just don't do it.

I cannot see a use and if it then cannot be Previewed, as the bitmap is too big, it is all a waste of time in recovering back to a workable state.

Xara - Green Snake.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

say, for example, you are making a freehand stroke with a dab profile to make blades of grass - the way the line goes is a function of the speed and control of your wacom pen with your hand - you can do it with your eyes closed literally, when you have got the hang of it - altering the zoom will alter the result, too far out will be too cramped, too far in and the sweep would extend beyond the tablet - being able to sweep off the drawing view is the ideal otherwise the stroke would truncate
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    say, for example, you are making a freehand stroke with a dab profile to make blades of grass - the way the line goes is a function of the speed and control of your wacom pen with your hand - you can do it with your eyes closed literally, when you have got the hang of it - altering the zoom will alter the result, too far out will be too cramped, too far in and the sweep would extend beyond the tablet - being able to sweep off the drawing view is the ideal otherwise the stroke would truncate
    Then I would scale down the drawing area to fit my action.

Acorn

if you scale down the drawing you have reduced its size on screen yes?

did I not say that relative screen size is important here - ie zoom

look I will not tell you how to design websites or design in a cad/cam way - I draw artistically and that aside it is no conicidence that photoshop allows you to do this, sai allows you to do this, affinity photo allows you to do this... go figure
    Nothing lasts forever...

I accept you are the expert here, I stand corrected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sorry.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	125760

Acorn

that is kind of you, but I am not an expert in anything, I am still learning...
    Nothing lasts forever...