Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Re: Angle of Rotation - Problem?

So without there being a Reset Rotation Angle to Zero function with this new release, you are stuck with its creation angle being fixed.
    This may be OK for QuickShapes but not for Editable Shapes.

The only workaround I have found is to copy the Editable Shape into an earlier Xara Desktop application, make your rotation to set up the required Zero angle and copy & paste back into v16.3!

A replay of the Squishy/Squashy Saga, the Separate images for group members Imbroglio and the SmartShape Frisson.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Angle of Rotation - Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    So without there being a Reset Rotation Angle to Zero function with this new release, you are stuck with its creation angle being fixed.

...A replay of the Squishy/Squashy Saga, the Separate images for group members Imbroglio and the SmartShape Frisson.

Acorn
    Yes, it's another decision made without consultation, on this users forum at least.

I thought perhaps they may have hidden some 'right-click' options as with lock aspect ratio, but alas no. I did find some options, but I presume they are required only on a need to know basis!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nods.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	125738

[Off-topic: Said in the voice of General Melchett (Blackadder, series 4) "Make a note of the word 'Imbroglio' I like it, I want use it more in conversation". ]
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

dos'nt look good then... I can save my money once again.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have a solution.

Use Text Inside to add a Auto-fit to container letter; I used W.
    Make the letter invisible.
    Note the Rotation Angle is now Zero.

Now use Text inside > Select shape.
    Rotate the shape by any angle.
    The Text Area remains at Zero and so the angle is anchored by the letter.

Rotate the Text Area by any degree and it is reflected in the Angle of selection box.

I call this the Hidden W-Anchor Parody.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Personally, if i move the axis of origin, I'd like it to stay there. far too often I'll accidentally select something else and my axis resets to the center...is there a way to keep the axis of an object after it's deselected and other objects rotated?

Maybe this should be a new thread. I hope I'm just doing something wrong, tbh, and a guru can let me know how to achieve this.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

You can try mapping it to a grid, so you know where to go back to... but anchor it, no

+1
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...