Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Footwear Challenge... Display or ad... All Apps!

Hi all... I was doing this challenge in the Wings3D thread, and thought, oh my goodness, why not just open this up... There are so many talented people here, of which many use different apps... so by all means, let's just have some fun... Heck, bring in the 2D artists as well... just prove your work... and show what you can do!

The Challenge : Footwear... Display, or ad... All Apps

Default Re: Footwear Challenge... Display or ad... All Apps!

gidgit why not post this in challenge forum. That is not a Xara specific forum.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

To be honest here, when I look through the challenge forum, I see mostly all 2d work ... This challenge we have presented, is all about 3D... modeling, texturing, scene creation, lighting... rendering ... it was to explore those aspects... for the benefits of the 3D crowd to learn and grow together, like the 3D community is here @ TG, and for the 2D crowd to gain, as well, share their tricks on grafx presentation, as well as visual perspective through creation with 2D... Didn't wish to leave any out,but yeah, this was intended to be a 3D challenge... cheers
    Last edited by gidgit; 18 November 2019 at 12:56 AM.

Modo>Zbrush>Keyshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shoe.10.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	125770  

Whoa Mike... now this is stepping up... nice shoe buddy! So Modo is a stable app these days? Cool beans back at yas.

Damn... I always liked the look and feel of Modo, just the thing always crashed... think it was around 501... I wonder about that, because perhaps it was just the machine... AI not clicking in quick enough? I remember getting this I5 machine about 8 years ago, and it was rocky for the first bit, fast but rocky... Mixcraft , our prefered music daw, as well others, particularly music maker, used to crash all the time, now the machine is rock solid... both apps, in fact all apps now work flawlessly... I remember when you started with Modo... I was so intrigued... but the damn thing kept crashing lol... perhaps it is time to revisit this Modo app. So, I suppose the question here is... Is modo stable Mike? Was it just the machine, or did you experience crashes as well, and then they fixed stuff and made it right?

Quote Originally Posted by gidgit View Post
    To be honest here, when I look through the challenge forum, I see mostly all 2d work ... This challenge we have presented, is all about 3D... modeling, texturing, scene creation, lighting... rendering ... it was to explore those aspects... for the benefits of the 3D crowd to learn and grow together, like the 3D community is here @ TG, and for the 2D crowd to gain, as well, share their tricks on grafx presentation, as well as visual perspective through creation with 2D... Didn't wish to leave any out,but yeah, this was intended to be a 3D challenge... cheers

That may be so but a guy named James used to do the challenges using Blender. Much if the time he would even animate them. I tell you this because the challenge forum is open to all not just 2D Just specify you would prefer 3D that way if someone wanted to do some footwear in 2D they could.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

lol...it was/is, simply a 3D challenge, in the 3D forum... with an open invite Oh my! Working our forum to better attract visitors for all concerns... 3D and 2D as well... uv mapping, presentations etc. Pipeline stuff! You have a challenge? Post it! UV mapping for somebody's model... perfect!

Mike's shoe was awesome, the discussion of modo was kinda funny... lol... this be the 3D forum. I am looking forward to many entries, and the study of various apps and approaches used... just cool stuff... right here! Cheers
    Last edited by gidgit; 25 November 2019 at 02:14 PM.

@gidgit
    I visited the Modo site today... wow, quite the chunk of change...

Yes, Its rather expensive, fortunately I got it in the beginning during an introductory promotional at a reasonable price. The upgrades are rather expensive as well, I only upgrade when I think the new features are worth the cost. Zbrush is my application of choice, it just keeps getting better and I have not had to buy an upgrade since I got version 1.5 in 2003. Its well worth spending some time with Zbrush and learning how to model with it. I think you would like the Z-Modeler brush since you favor box modeling. I played with it today and I made a Ruby Slipper for the shoe challenge, I used the Keyshot bridge for ZBrush which does very nice rendering. Ok its your turn to post something and keep the challenge going.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruby slipper.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	125787