Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Template photo change keeps theme color

Good evening, all!

I am using the Ultimate theme. The photo on the home page is black and white. I am using replace photo with a revised version of the photo that has some color. But it still replaces as black and white. No matter what what photo I drag onto it, it changes to black and white.
    I like the theme colors, etc, but would like the top photo to have some color to it.
    Anyone know how to do this? I just want to change the property of the main photo to be in color. Thanks!

Default Re: Template photo change keeps theme color

Left click in the hatched Set No Color box. If you get a pop-up, select No Fill or whatever that option is.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Right-click the image > Photo Filter > remove all filters (overkill) ... > Remove filter FilterName.

Check Contone > Make Black and white has not been applied.

Drop your wanted image onto the design. Copy it. Select the destination image > Paste > Paste replacing selection. Deleted the dropped image.

Select the image > Flat fill. Fill > Bitmap > Bitmap name: wanted image.

I am sure there are other reasons why it is staying B&W but one of the above might help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - Not sure if we posted at the same time. One left click on the Set Not Color square stripped away the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - Not sure if we posted at the same time. One left click on the Set Not Color square stripped away the effect.
    Gary, I was just pointing out that there are many, many ways to set an image as B&W and so I added to your approach.

Another B&W method is to set Photo saturation to -100; Set 'no colour' will not work for this method.

Another reset approach is to drop the wanted image onto the design, Copy and then Paste Attributes.

Another B&W method could be an overlay shape, which has a Colour Transparency.

As it is, the Ultimate Website Template seems to be using the simpler of the methods:
    Dark contone - 0% Intensity Greyscale colour model; Light contone - 90% Intensity Greyscale colour model.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My head is spinning.

Thank you, both!

Being self taught at everything, the first solution worked like a charm!!! As to the other information, nothin like a bit of learnin'! Thank you!

\
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceinvt View Post
    Good evening, all!

I am using the Ultimate theme. The photo on the home page is black and white. I am using replace photo with a revised version of the photo that has some color. But it still replaces as black and white. No matter what what photo I drag onto it, it changes to black and white.
    I like the theme colors, etc, but would like the top photo to have some color to it.
    Anyone know how to do this? I just want to change the property of the main photo to be in color. Thanks!