Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Gallery with option to add a lot of text.

Hello,I'm looking for a photo grid or gallery in the Online Content Catalog that offers a place to expand a good amount of text. Preferably with both landscape and portrait thumbnails that can be enlarged.Can anyone point me in the right direction?Thank you!!

Default Re: Photo Gallery with option to add a lot of text.

Maybe the cycle 1 widget. But probably any of the slideshow widgets if you add your text to the image and create a bitmap copy.

Info Re: Photo Gallery with option to add a lot of text.

Avoid the Online Content Gallery and create your own Photo Grid.

Decide on a Thumbnail size: I use 124x92 plus a 4px White Line width to create a 128x96 container.
    I clone this lots and rotate a number 90 degrees to get a Portrait thumb.
    Re-arrange to create your required Grids.
    Soft-group each Grid and then use Fill > Bitmap with the default image.
    Save off this design file for use in future projects.

Get creative and mix sizes, arrangements and orientations.

Choose a Grid and copy into your current project design file.
    Import or copy in all your images then delete them from the import layer; they exist in the design, sitting in the Bitmap Gallery.
    Open the Bitmap gallery and drag one onto one of the Thumbs to replace the default image. Note its filename.
    Create an Image Layer with a name reflecting the image filename.
    Drop the image into its layer. I then use Names: filename="imageFileName".
    Add all the text and other detail you want into the image layer.

The joy is the Thumb and Image Layer are linked, nothing else, so the Image Layer can be anything at all that Xara can present.

Totally flexible.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This sounds wonderful and just what I'm looking for, however, it's a bit more complicated than I feel comfortable doing myself.Do you happen to have a template you could send me? I think I would be able to edit it once it's set up. Thank you

Info Re: Photo Gallery with option to add a lot of text.

Here is an idea with the top-left pattern only with some pop-up layers.

Check over the individual Links to the coloured Layers. Look at their Transitions.
    On the coloured layers, look at the Names of the images.

Xara - Photo Grid.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Oh wow! this is amazing! I can't wait to work with it. I'm sure this would also help a lot of other people as well.Thank you!!

Thanks Acorn, I will be using it also
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Glad to be of help. The approach is old-fashioned Xara design, less to go wrong, more to expand on.

Acorn