Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding a book Description for a Kindle Direct Publishing (Amazon) Paperbook

I was trying to revise the book Description for my wife's book that we self published using Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing.

But when the book change appeared, all the spaces I had added were gone and the text was one complete block.

I asked support about this and was informed that I had to format the text in HTML! Nowhere on the page does it even offer this option and how many authors, let alone those who format the book, know HTML? Fortunately I still remember it and was able to achieve a modicum of formatting.

But HTML? Sheesh, c'mon Amazon. This is the 21st century for crying out loud. And not all tags are acceptable. So if anyone is working on a book using KDP (formerly CreateSpace) and need to format the book description, here is a link to the tags supported
    https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishi...A377RPHW6ZG4D8

Default Re: Adding a book Description for a Kindle Direct Publishing (Amazon) Paperbook

You would think with all of Amazon's brain power they would have something as simple as formatting worked out. Take a look at a basic forum, they all have it figures out.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't remember this as being a problem with the CreateSpace site.

Ray

Default Re: Adding a book Description for a Kindle Direct Publishing (Amazon) Paperbook

Yeah it was. But we probably never wanted to format the description before.

You can see my formatted Description here https://www.amazon.com/Three-Day-Dep...3748990&sr=8-1

Amazon acquired CreateSpace from another company and has rebranded it Kindle Direct Publishing. But they have not done much to update the site.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 14 November 2019 at 04:59 PM.