Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Multiple selections in OnLine Catalog?

I may have missed the instruction, but, is there a way to select multiple items from the OnLine Catalog without having it close down for each selection? It seems a little tedious to open it, navigate to the stock illustrations, search, select, download, repeat.

Thanks.

Default Re: Multiple selections in OnLine Catalog?

No, and it has been requested before. I will move this thread to Dear Xara in hopes of catching someone's attention.

What you can do is hold down Shift before clicking on 'Import'. That way the Online Content Catalog stays open.

Thanks to both. Thanks, Gary, for moving to raise the request.

Surely as Shift-Select keeps the Catalog open, it has already been met?

@Gary - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...504#post565504 and earlier https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...606#post564606.
    Interestingly, I think it was about the only thing fixed out out all of my Bug List here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...lling-Bug-List.

Squirrelly-minded,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My bad. I will try to remember this Shift tip. Try being the operative word.

Bug Re: Multiple selections in OnLine Catalog?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    My bad. I will try to remember this Shift tip. Try being the operative word.
    Gary, the Online Content Catalogue (OCC) is still has poor User Interface in so many other areas. I use it under sufferance as I consider it to be a land grab for those of us who invested (£££) in Xara through all its prior iterations.

@Xara
    1. On opening the OCC, focus needs to be in the Search box, not two Tabs away.
    2. Stock Photos & Stock Illustrations need to be checkbox selectable.
    3. Search needs to be restrictive by typing and not require an Enter key press for submission, c.f., Insert > Symbol > Search.
    4. Insert > Symbol should not close the OCC.
    5. Searches should not just throw up random objects without some textual evidence (c.f., OCC > Symbol: Search "country" --> Globe).
    6. The OCC Tree needs to be expanded to locate where the searched-for shape is located (c.f., OCC > Search: "geo" --> Logotypes all in OCC > Components > Print & web Components > Backgrounds > Logos).
    7. The OCC should remain accessible (e.g., http://downloadsv16.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html) to allow its Search capability even after the Support contract has lapsed. It does but you need to know the URL.
    8. Stock Photos & Stock Illustrations need some Descriptions. For this alone, I use Pixabay directly. A serious FAIL.
    9. Elements vital to the xara Desktop applications should not be hidden from access after Support end. I have asked for this without any meaningful response.
    10. All the OCC contents should be downloaded on offer and not through belated discovery.

If I were a UX designer working for Xara, I would be embarrassed.

For fuller background, a number of Post in https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atal...orn+OCC&ia=web.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

+1 Perfect list!

Thanks for the link to the Content, as my version is out of service. At least I can see what is new that I don't have.

Is it me, or is it very slow to show things like Print>Print Themes>Business Themes>Business Services templates?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Acorn,
    +1 Perfect list!
    Thanks for the link to the Content, as my version is out of service. At least I can see what is new that I don't have.
    Is it me, or is it very slow to show things like Print>Print Themes>Business Themes>Business Services templates?
    John, I don't think the Xara servers are anything special.
    I am getting a fast response though to these specific ones.

My other concern is how the Xara EULA has been Magixed away from the product and is now only on-line and therefore subject to alteration without notification.
    Prior to this the EULA stated the Xara on-line server availability. You now have to hunt to find https://www.xara-online.com/us/terms-conditions.91.html, which indicates Magix provide non-Xara Cloud on-line services (Xara Online) with server availability of 98%.
    All I can say is this is dire and in this tome, it only refers to customer to Magix relationships.

I therefore believe Xara has no obligation to keep the servers up for any period or assure a fair performance.

Download everything you an.
    Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    the Xara EULA has been Magixed away from the product and is now only on-line and therefore subject to alteration without notification
    I think this applies to xara OCC, not to the desktop [not sure if there is another for cloud] - there is a licence document [in both TXT and word RTF formats] in the xara folder of both my designer pro 15.1 and the latest 16 trial - this document contains an EULA, but you have scroll down to page 25 in the word format to find it...
    Last edited by handrawn; 11 November 2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarity
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...