Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Re: More from the cold-war..

Thanks for sharing Paul. East Germany at that time was a very grey & depressing state to visit.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: More from the cold-war..

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thanks for sharing Paul. East Germany at that time was a very grey & depressing state to visit.
    My wife was able to visit East Berlin before the wall came down. She went on a daytrip. I was busy at a meeting. The day before we'd stood at the Berlin wall, looking over across no-man's land and East Berlin.

If you haven't seen 'Deutschland 83', try and do so - it's interesting to see some cold-war spying from the other perspective.

I was working with a number of Germans from West Berlin and we travelled around West Berlin. I was surprised to see the scars of WW2 still so prominent on the buildings - bullet holes, shell marks, etc. My wife said how much of a contrast there was between West and East - still East Berlin had so many ruined buildings when she went on her tour.