Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Variant Horizontal Movement

Does anyone know why a mobile variant, even though set at the 480 default width, would be able to be slid sideways to the left, and pinched down in size once loaded? It centers up nice on initial load (but not on refresh unless you've pinched it down), but then can be slid to the left, and pinched smaller, intentionally, or by accident when scrolling down. I'd rather it stay centered, and full size. This is regardless of whether "Clip to page edges" is selected in the website properties.

Here is the website in question. Visit it on your mobile device to see. AC General Contracting

Default Re: Mobile Variant Horizontal Movement

Does anyone know why a mobile variant, even though set at the 480 default width, would be able to be slid sideways to the left
    On my mobile I see the issue you describe (with white space to the right when you slide the image left)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191107-222344.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	125517

On my desktop when you squeeze the desktop browser the change first looks like this:

Name:	Windows Browser Squeeze.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	125518

When you continue to squeeze the browser you arrive at what I expect you want to achieve:

Name:	AG Mobile.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	125519

I cannot tell what is the root cause of the problem, but it looks like a width issue with the variant.

Not related to your issue, but maybe scale-to-fit-width would be helpful when you have resolved the above issue?

Gary

Blind stabbing in the dark - do you have a text box (or anything) overhanging the page boundaries?

Everything to do with the variant is set as Xara set it. I literally just created the mobile variant, and built both versions of the site, and that's what it's doing. I'm attaching the .web file. I had to delete all of the pages but the home page to get it to an uploadable size. Hopefully this helps somebody figure it out.

I thought I'd pinned it down to the "share this" code (the share buttons). Once they loaded, the problem seemed to ceases, and they didn't load until you scroll down a little, but even with the share bar removed, it does this "not centered until you scroll down a little" behavior. It's like some centering code isn't taking effect until you scroll down a tiny bit. Once you scroll down, even a tiny bit, everything centers, and stays there.

With my mobile Sony Android 720x1280 pixels, the mobile variant DOES load centrally, but one can slide the page left and back to centre' on page load and from the menu button.

Name:	Screenshot_20191107-222344.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	125522

When the share buttons come into view, I can no longer slide the page left and it appears as expected.

On your desktop version the share buttons are to the left of the page, and on the mobile version across the bottom of the page. However, something appears strange in the transition from one to the other in that the share buttons move to the bottom of the page before the mobile variant kicks in.

Name:	AG Share Buttons.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	125523

I am not sure if that is what you would expect, but if you delete the share buttons from both the desktop and the mobile variant does the problem still persist? Seems to me that the share buttons are not resizing until they come into view on the mobile variant and that prior to that, they are extending beyond the page width boundary

This is really guesswork, but maybe it helps?

Gary

Yes. I've completely removed the share bar code, and it still does this.