Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Discord Server

Hi all,

So we've started a discord server for Xara for anyone to join if they want:

https://discord.gg/XWtUdHR

What is Discord?
    Discord is free voice and chat app, similar to something like Skype or Slack if you've used it, but for a bigger public audience. Here you can chat and receive updates in real time with each other and even Xara staff (if we're around), share your designs and ask anything you want. It's accessible from within a browser or there is an app you can also download.

How does it work?
    On the left you will see the channels you can enter and type in, with the top two channels dedicated for Rules and Announcements. Simply click on a channel to view it (like clicking on a thread in TG). On the right you can see everybody online.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	125515

We're seeing how it goes and still work in progress so let me know if anything appears out of place! This by all means isn't a replacement at all for TalkGraphics, but rather is just another means of communication :)

Thanks
    Rob

Default Re: Xara Discord Server

Cheers Rob, as you say we'll see how it goes.

acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Rob,

I downloaded and installed the app and then stared at the screen wondering what to do. All I saw were games. I clicked on something, don't recall what, and typed in Xara and it came up. I'm wondering if others will figure this out. A little more startup help would be good.

The browser version now goes to the app.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

If you now click on the invite here it should take you to the server

https://discord.gg/XWtUdHR

or at least should beam you over to the app. if it doesn't, sign in using the web app and then close the browser and it should appear in the local app

That works! Thanks Rob.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

no worries. Come say hi when you get in, it's an informal and relaxed enviroment

Nice idea. I just joined.

BTW I Had to look this up but if you're already using discord with a different username/nickname you can change it (on a channel/server basis) to match your TG forum name if you want to. Just click the dropdown beside the server name (top left on desktop).
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Yea, there's several little quirks but not much to learn, everything is pretty straightforward. Communication is instant as well; if there is a problem with a service, someone can be immediately notified through discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Cheers Rob, as you say we'll see how it goes.

acorn
    I hope all goes well.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I hope all goes well.
    there is a slow uptake but I can see its potential. One could set up a Masterclass session to train up a group in Xara arcania; share designs; see who's engaged. TG's Thread/post delivery has its strengths. am sure Discord will have its.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat