Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Ongoing TG Server Issues

It might just be me but if I log in, exceed the login period and then try to log in again, I am being blocked for 15 minutes: "Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again."

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Ongoing TG Server Issues

Not sure if you have a reason for not doing this, but when you log in there is an option to keep logged in which will eliminate this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It might just be me but if I log in, exceed the login period and then try to log in again, I am being blocked for 15 minutes: "Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again."

Acorn
    +1

It's unpredictable.

Same issue - hit & miss whether you get to login.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure if you have a reason for not doing this, but when you log in there is an option to keep logged in which will eliminate this problem.
    Gary, i do not believe that this option is available to mere Mortals.

Also, I never permanently log on for personal security reasons.

Further, even if the permanent logon option was available, many may not know about it or use it and are currently locked out.
    My latest disconnect was overnight with an hour of waiting.

Finally, it is a fault and needs fixing, not masking over.

Acorn (mere Mortal but one of many)
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, i do not believe that this option is available to mere Mortals.
    I think Gary is referring to the 'Remember Me' option next to the login - available to all.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think Gary is referring to the 'Remember Me' option next to the login - available to all.
    "Remember me" is just a Cookie setting that would only represent the UserName, not the full credentials. Even it it did, this would not overcome the wrong server settings we have been enduring.

[Stale]: I have found a fix for my circumstances: Log Out before the time out and the Log In will work. In other words, if you expect not to be browsing or contributing in TG for a period, log out.

[Update]: I have been in touch with Rob-Xar by email over the last three days and Xara have now identified and fixed the problem:
    So apparently TalkGraphics was seeing all users with the same (local) ip address. When a user exceeds the 5 login attempts it is the ip address not the user that is blocked (incase someone is attacking the site). As all users appeared to the system with the same IP address if one account got struck out all were locked for 15 mins. We now have the users linked to their correct ip address so this should be fixed now.
    Some of us may have also got this:
    Someone has tried to log into your account on TalkGraphics.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.
    The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 172.17.0.2
    This was the clincher as there is a private network range of IPs including the above that all logons seemingly were being flagged to.

Happy Posting,
    Acorn

Thank you, Acorn!
    ~Fred

"Remember me" is just a Cookie setting that would only represent the UserName, not the full credentials.
    Just for the record..

Setting the "Remember me" does allow me to be recognised as a logged-in user between sessions, while unchecking it requires me to state my password every time. If the setting is unchecked it still remembers my username.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Just for the record..

Setting the "Remember me" does allow me to be recognised as a logged-in user between sessions, while unchecking it requires me to state my password every time. If the setting is unchecked it still remembers my username.
    Paul, thank you for this clarification. Sorry for touting duff information. I have changed a lifetime habit to see what I will gain by doing so.

Thanks,
    Acorn