Did any versions after 11 offer an improved way of creating "adaptive/responsive" sites that can automatically stretch and conform to adapt a user's screen (without simply adding ugly scroll bars) ? I mean in 11, yes it adds different templates for various user's screen possibilities, but you still have to manually tweak each one yourself as you build them out.

We have various users. Some use their old laptops with small screens, some use desktops, some use their laptops simply plugged into larger monitors. Obviously this equates to a varying degree of screen resolutions and sizes.
I have seen many pages created with basic pre-formatted tools like MobiRise (which I'm not criticizing at all) and when you look at them in a browser window and adjust the width of the window (due to having favorites sidebar open or whatever) the page simply adjusts accordingly.*

*I originally thought it was due to the fact that I'm always embedding my Xara Sites into a SharePoint "Page viewer" widget and that is what made this very sloppy and just shows the page partially cut off (with ugly scroll bars) but I just wish that there was a cleaner solution to that. I recall testing a Mobirise page in a SharePoint Page viewer Widget and it still adjusted itself properly and had no hiccups and nothing was cut off regardless of how much I adjusted the width of the browser window.

td