Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Forms

Default Forms

Just before everything went offline over the weekend, i had posted asking if there was any gadget etc I could use to put a page on mt site for people to subscribe for email updates.
    The answer I got was that it had to be done by a third party so I knocked up a page myself using Open Office and tried to post it for people to assess.
    However, the post doesn't open when I click on the new post conformation in my email folders so it looks like it's been lost.

As it stands though I have found a superb alternative.
    I did a bit of searching for a free account and found Cognito Forms.
    Fantastic. Basic with options to upgrade but I don't need anything fancy,

Just thought I'd post so that others needing similar can find it.

Default Re: Forms

I use a PHP form maker tool for simple forms and host everything on my site. This way you are not relaying on a third party to host the form and send you the information. Your site has to have PHP enabled in order for it to work. Here is the website for the form maker http://www.formmail-maker.com/formmail-maker-home.php

Ray

Info Re: Forms

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnzer View Post
    As it stands though I have found a superb alternative.
    I did a bit of searching for a free account and found Cognito Forms.
    Fantastic. Basic with options to upgrade but I don't need anything fancy,

Just thought I'd post so that others needing similar can find it.
    It does look interesting but pricey if you need PayPal payments ($24/m == ). It does appear comprehensive but I always worry about such entities hosting my data, especially as it is called Cognito. I might have been drawn were it named InCognito. I would probably go down the XT-CMS route () for a payment service but roll my own simpler forms in PHP and self-host (free) or even use the worthy forms provided through XaraTemplate.com ().

I'm currently looking at https://jqueryform.com/.

Acorn
    Acorn - My currently active Xara software: XDPX (current, v15, v12 & 11 (64-bit)), unserviced XWD Premium 15 & 12, XPGD10, X3D7; lots of licences back through time (to CC's Artworks). If your Post identifies a Xara software fault, please raise it directly with Magix --> support2.magix.com.

Default Re: Forms

Thank you. Do you have one in action, live link? Do you get their ad with the free one?
    www.designfacet.com
    Owner/Creative Director at DesignFacet

Xara Designer Pro