Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Please tell me there is a quick and easy way to resize my web page "after" the fact.

Hello all,

I messed up. Yep. MY FAULT! I created a web page (single landing page with lots of buttons and effects) in WDP11. I built it at a specific size (custom)
    and it looks and plays wonderfully on 75% of my team's monitors. BIG problem though. NOT on my boss's screen (naturally) as it forces her to use the
    scroll bar to see the entire page (horizontally speaking). I could tell her to get a newer monitor,..but ahem,....its my boss.

I need to take it from its original 1920Wx780h and reduce it to most likely 1600Wx650h (aspect ratio the same of course)

I was hoping I could create a new file (new site) with the 1600x650 size, go to my original 1920x780 (select all) paste it into the new file and then simply grab the
    corner of the selected items and just scale it down to the new size parameters.

But alas,..when I choose "select all" from the original page it just grabs the items in the highlighted layer and
    not "ALL" of the page's contents. Hey,..it was worth a shot!!!

Any other hope for getting this done without have to resize everything and basically rebuild the whole page and all of it's elements?

Default Re: Please tell me there is a quick and easy way to resize my web page "after" the fa

There is a new feature Scale to Fit Width that might be what you want.

It's in the Web Properties > Web Export Options.

Click Help for more info.

Default Re: Please tell me there is a quick and easy way to resize my web page "after" the fa

You need to unlock all Layers, select all then drag a corner.
    Re-apply the locks afterwards.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by TDolce View Post
    Hello all,

I messed up. Yep. MY FAULT! I created a web page (single landing page with lots of buttons and effects) in WDP11. I built it at a specific size (custom)
    and it looks and plays wonderfully on 75% of my team's monitors. BIG problem though. NOT on my boss's screen (naturally) as it forces her to use the
    scroll bar to see the entire page (horizontally speaking). I could tell her to get a newer monitor,..but ahem,....its my boss.
    75%? wrap across the wrist on that one - poor UX research!

It shouldn't matter that it's your boss - all users are equal.

Your Christmas bonus will have to wait until next year.. ;-)

If the problem is just with your bosses screen, it may be cheaper to buy another monitor rather than you waste time over this.

How about she uses CTRL + Scroll Down with mouse to zoom out a bit? She might need stronger glasses to read the text though

I was able to solve this using Acorn's solution. It still left me with some odd results in certain places, but with some additional tweaking it allowed for me to retain my sanity!!!
    Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions.

Gary,...I don't think WDP11 has that new Web Export option you were referring to. I did not see it.

td
    Last edited by TDolce; 06 November 2019 at 05:09 PM.

Retaining our sanity is important. I think Fit to Page and Scale to Fit are new with V 16.

Quote Originally Posted by TDolce View Post
    I was able to solve this using Acorn's solution. It still left me with some odd results in certain places, but with some additional tweaking it allowed for me to retain my sanity!!!
    Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions.
    Gary,...I don't think WDP11 has that new Web Export option you were referring to. I did not see it.
    td
    Glad to hear. I hope you made the rescaled one a Variant so the others still see the original?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat