Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bug Re: v16.3 - Slow Start-up Times

Here are my timings all on the same machine. All but (*) are to a Blank document and all "Offers" are hidden but Internet is on.

Application Splash Time "Adding Colours..." Document Ready
    WDP11_____2-5_________No Status Message__5 sec
    WDP12_____3-6_________No Status Message__6 sec
    WDP15_____2-6_________No Status Message__6 sec
    XDPX11____2-4_________No Status Message___4 sec
    XDPX12____2-5_________0.25 sec Message____4 sec
    XDPX15____1.5-4_______0.25 sec Message____4 sec
    XDPX16____1-2.5_______9.5 sec Message_____12 sec
    XDPX16*___1-2.5_______12.5 sec Message____15 sec

(*) had three saved documents open.

With v16.3, I now have an added 10-second delay.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: v16.3 - Slow Start-up Times

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I too have experienced a longer start up due to the adding colors to document. Even if the only document open has no content.
    This was an issue many versions ago and it appears to be back.
    Thanks Gary, I remember that well. I think Egg or Ron Duke first reported it.

I do find that, when open, the creation of a New Document is extremely quick.
    It is probable that the delay is one that holds up the changing of the Status Line at its last displayed text.

It is not like the (still) very slow opening of Page Options (for me, 5 seconds); around 80 calls to the Registry. This should not take this long.
    Even the Line gallery rendering of its 13 XAR files only takes 4 seconds and these have lots of colours.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yesterday, I activated v16.3 on my laptop from v16.0.

Neither it or my main PC reported that an "update" was available. My laptop did it when I chose Help > Check for updates.
    The download and update worked well and didn't require Registry changes or redownloading external assets.

The one advantage of a direct download and re-install is I get to keep the download so I can revert to it later on or to prior versions; the Magix C:\Users\[username]\Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager route seem to only store your original version.

Acorn

I am running Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 16.3.0.57723 and I attribute the slower startup to the fact that I recently bought and installed a humble bundle package among which is Corel Draw, since I did that I have noticed every thing on my computer has slowed down, that may not be the fault of the software or humble bundle but to my rather low end machine does not have the grunt to run what I ask of it. I may uninstall that stuff and see if it helps.or maybe I just need a better processor and motherboard and graphics card, I have replaced a few parts so far such as the power supply and disk drive and added memory.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.