Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug v16.3 - Copy and Paste Attributes - Text Inside

Dear Xara...

I have a set of Text Inside Objects that are also Repeat on all pages.
    I expand the Repeating Object > Text Area > Rounded Rectangle to Copy it.
    When I select another Text Inside Group and Paste Attributes at the level of the Text Area, I get "Internal program error2369.kco.gr".

I know that I can apply like-to-like to the Rectangle but SmartShapes are a breed apart that do not respect tried-and-tested Xara standards.
    These should not be returning untrapped errors regardless.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: v16.3 - Copy and Paste Attributes - Text Inside

I can't seem to reproduce this, can you send me your file so I can try and replicate it?

Default Re: v16.3 - Copy and Paste Attributes - Text Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I can't seem to reproduce this, can you send me your file so I can try and replicate it?
    Rob, I lost the particular file with a re-install. When I try to recreate the fault I cannot.

I, however, now find that you cannot Paste Attributes from one Text Inside shape to another. I can Paste Attributes at the level of Text Area > Rounded Rectangle for the box properties.
    Text remains unchanged (fill & line colour, style) if I try from the Text Area Level.

Surely Paste format/attributes must be consistent across all Shapes in the application?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bug Re: v16.3 - Copy and Paste Attributes - Text Inside

Dear Xara...

Will you please consider the results arising from the reported Pasting of Attributes that strike me as inconsistent.
    Xara - Text Inside - Attribute Actions.xar.

Also will you please address the Tab Order of the Style Properties dialogs.

Also the Locate option fails with the Text tool and the selection of any text in a Text Inside group.

Also the right Text Inside group presents a context menu on right-click offering Text Inside > Select 'shape'; the left one doesn't if you right-click anywhere on the text.

Acorn