Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NAVBAR ARROW - worth putting on a website

Hi All

What is the opinion of the merits of having a down arrow on the navbar, do people think it's worth it?

If so does anyone know how to create the arrow?

Many thanks

Dave

Default Re: NAVBAR ARROW - worth putting on a website

Quote Originally Posted by Davora View Post
    Hi All
    What is the opinion of the merits of having a down arrow on the navbar, do people think it's worth it?
    If so does anyone know how to create the arrow?
    Many thanks
    Dave
    Dave, try Insert > Symbol: down when using the Text Tool.

Why?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Usually the MENU ITEM > indicates a fly out or drop down menu of additional choices.

Hi GWP
    Yes I've seen it a few websites & thinks a worthwhile addition so the visitor instantly knows there are other menu items.

I have read Acorns instructions but don't understand how to add the down arrow.

I opened the edit nav bar, but the insert tab won't open by default to insert anything so I must be doing something wrong..any pointers anyone?

Thanks Dave

I have sorted it, no need to go into edit NavBar as do it by typing in without Navbar open
    Last edited by Davora; 01 November 2019 at 01:27 PM. Reason: All done

This is a round-about way of inserting an arrow into the text on a menu (and other places). I'm sure there's other ways of doing it. Many fonts have a variety of arrows built in. I go into Word, click on "Insert" > "Symbol". I use the Times New Roman font, so I select that as the font, then scroll down until I find the symbol (arrow) I want and insert it into the Word document. I copy it from the Word document and past it into the navbar. If it doesn't display properly (i.e.: shows up as a box) when I exit the navbar, the font doesn't match. I click on the Text tool and then click the text on the navbar icon. I highlight the symbol (arrow) and change the font to Times New Roman (or the font I used to insert it into Word).

There are key combinations you can look up to inset font symbols, but I don't know if they work in this program. Besides, by the time I look up the key combination, it's faster to do it in Word.

I hope that helps.

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

You can also use Windows Character Map app to select, copy and paste.

I was trying to remember the name Character Map. I use to use it all the time, but lost track of it when it was moved around in Window. Wasn't sure if it was even in Windows 10 (it is). That's a better / simpler way. Thanks for the reminder!